• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED best ocing mobo's asrock??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I would think you could hit 4 with an extreme or 6 just as easily and for less money.

I would bet the Asrock Z77 Extreme 6 would be a great choice in this case. That said, so long as there is an adequate power section, most any board will do since the processor is unlocked.

You don't necessarily need a new motherboard. You probably won't get a higher OC...only benefits I see is that you'll be able to use the integrated GPU and some of the other small features like SSD Cache.

Your OC depends on your chip way more than it depends on the motherboard. Like ED mentioned, the only major thing on the board that affects it is power delivery, and what your current board has is sufficient for 5GHz assuming your chip can actually do it.

have had chip at 5.3 ghz but not stable for long and bit high on volts thought new mobo would help with stability. i do like the ssd cache too

Motherboard probably isn't going to make a difference with stability. A 2500K that can do 5GHz is a fairly rare chip.

SSD Cacheing is eh...you can get standalone products like the OCZ Synapse that do the same thing. Or just do what most of us do and just put the entire OS on the SSD.

Back