• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best OS for Custom PC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yeah from my use of 2000 it picky with drivers, it becomes unstable under certain conditions, and is way harder to network with other computers and OS's. True 2000 is good for HOSTING games but it doesnt like to run them 2 well

Ahh cool thanks for getting it straight. don't have much experience with 2000, but we use it too run the server for work, only problem I have had is that the modem we use for faxes likes too lock-up. Good luck no matter what you decide.:)

XP PRO!

just got an ISO of win XP corporate
(100% legal :p)
It worked out nice... XPtweak.com showed me alot of stuff to make it feel more like 2000...

lmao, the only reason i went with XP is cuz the new window designs and cool start button... lol...

so far, stable...

windows xp DOES run on the NT kernel....

XP really is as much if not more customizable then 2000

i still wanna try linux tho... :'(

I really dig s2k3 the most but XPproSP1 corp rocks too. Gotta love not having to phone home after the installation. As long as you have the licences for each instance, you can use the same CD to install 'em all.

w2k rocks on older machines that can't handle XP.

NT4SP6a even rocks on real old machines that would bog down under w2k.

I just like NT OS lots better than win9x.

Back