• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best performing 140mm quiet fans for my radiators. EK Vardar, SW3 or NB-e-Loop.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Despotes

Waiting for my new case to arrive, TT W100 to fit the Nemesis 560GTX and EK 420 CE rads inside.
I need 7 140mm ($$$) fans for my quiet build. Very sadly, the Gentle Typhoon is not made in 140mm.
The final contestants are the EK Vardar EVO 140ER, Silent Wings 3 High Speed and the Noiseblocker e-loops. Preferably PWM.
Which offers the best balance between static pressure, quiet operation, quality and cost?
Would <=1200rpm be a too limited range for performance or should I at least go up to 1500rpm? 2000rpm for flexibility? The e-loops with PWM only go up to 1200rpm. W/O PWM function 1500rpm. Vardars with PWM 2000rpm. SW3 high speed with PWM 1600rpm. All will be controlled via software/speed profile.
7700K and 1080 Ti in the same loop.

Update:
I discovered the Corsair ML140 fans at Thermalbench. They very closely parallel the Vardars in performance, have great reviews, warranty, price per pair and a quiet bearing. Ordered.

Last edited:
I'd probably go with the either Vardars or eLoops since they give you a high range.

How are you planning on controlling these?

PWM/Fan Expert. I only ordered 4 of the Corsairs. I'll play with them a bit and decide to order more or not to go on the 420. I'm still thinking Vardars EVO if I don't like the Corsairs.
My current Swiftech Helix fans only go down to 900rpm for some reason.

The Corsairs are very quiet. No bearing or motor sound. Just the sound of air at higher speeds. Ordered 3 more.

Must of missed this before...
Was looking for new fans RBG fans specifically for my new case / water setup going to be doing. That being said have you by chance used looked at any of the HD series fans as well?
Also saw recently you can use the Vardars or other fans and then toss on a light cover over it from Phanteks, just started looking at those too.

Last edited:
Must of missed this before...
Was looking for new fans RBG fans specifically for my new case / water setup going to be doing. That being said have you by chance used looked at any of the HD series fans as well?
Also saw recently you can use the Vardars or other fans and then toss on a light cover over it from Phanteks, just started looking at those too.

The Corsair HD fans don't perform as well as the Corsair ML/Pros or Vardars. The MLPro and Vardars are almost identical in performance (MLPro review link under these graphs. Use the Vardar as a substitute for the MLPro in the graphs) but the Vardars STILL seem to have QC issues.

aO1BIyE.jpg
62zUlv7.jpg

Link to MLPro140 review:
http://thermalbench.com/2016/07/29/corsair-ml140-pro-140-mm-fan/3/

I have no complaints about my Phanteks PH-F140MP. very quiet.

with fans in this range, I dont think you're going to see a noticeable difference in temps in a running system. just pick whichever you like.

I have no complaints about my Phanteks PH-F140MP. very quiet.

with fans in this range, I dont think you're going to see a noticeable difference in temps in a running system. just pick whichever you like.

I agree. Unless you're very anal retentive like I am. lol

Thanks. Yeah looking around seems to be the conclusion I'm coming to as well but figured I'd ask :)

I've been using the Phanteks PH-F140MP and I bought xtras for my case. I also have the BitFenix BFF-WPRO-12025W-RP (120mm flavor) x8 on my rad. Excellent airflow and I don't hear them.

Back