• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best sight to tell you task manager proccesee you dont need?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jacobman

I have a bunch of services i dont know if i need or not so please help me out, whether your opinion or a site. And dont say black viper because he didnt help me.
Processes:

alg.exe
ati2evxx.exe
ati2evxx.exe
avgamsvr.exe
avgcc.exe
avgemc.exe
avgupsvc.exe
csrss.exe
CTDVDDET.EXE
CTHELPER.EXE
CTSVCCDA.EXE
explorer.exe
lsass.exe
MsPMSPSv.exe
oodag.exe
razerta.exe
RcMan.exe
services.exe
smss.exe
spoolsv.exe
svchost.exe
svchost.exe
svchost.exe
svchost.exe
System
System ilde process
wdfmgr.exe
winlogin.exe

Some of my main concerns are the Razerta, oodag, 4x svchost.exe and 2x ati2evxx.exe processes. Do i need more than 1 of the same processes going on at the same time?

I have done the so called gamer thing from black viper but i want to know just about those processes, mainly the ones i dont need.

well lets see..u sure u didnt steal that from my computer lol..

first off svchost.exe is system stuff.. it usely runs 4 on load based.. so thats all cool.. its when u get 5..

oodag is O&O Defrag ..if that was to hard to know. unlike windows defarger it needs to run that so that when you defrag it knows what programs you use the most ..thus putting them in the "front of the hdd" so that they run faster .. like games

another thing :explorer.exe ..its the screen and the ..well its the whole thing. if its taking alot of stuff .. just close it and go to start to new task and type explorer.exe and it restarts it back up.. sometimes i will close it when playing in a conterstrike match casue my fps go up by 30-40 !

and how do u find a place to copy and paste all the stuff..so i can show u mine lol i know theres away...

Just go to Start -> Run and enter explorer.exe into the prompt to start a new explorer process.

On a side note this shouldn't be posted in the Front Page Discussion forum since this doesn't have anything to do with the front page.

Alright im down to 22 processes, woot!! Also when i end explorer nothing at all shows on the screen, is this suppose to happen? I cant click on anything as you say you can. I also have themes turned off incase that helps.

*edit* I just figured out the explorer thing but any of my fps test didnt raise a frame, how did yours raise 30-40?

Last edited:
the new tast is in the windwos task manager ..under file "new task" .. i closed it after i started the game.. i havent tryed till i got an extra 512 mb of ram..tho..

and yea i noticed that this is in the front page.. ..worng click or someting LOL.. o well..it will be moved by moring

Um...where will it be moved too? And what exactly if "Fron page discussions", i assumed it was just a front page everybody post no general topic place.

nanan.. u post that in gen hardware... or software in this case.

front page is from overclockers.com front page stuff

http://www.blackviper.com/

About mid-way down the page and on the left side you'll see a link for Windows Cofnfigurations for Windows XP (w/ SP2) and for Windows 2000.Each link gives you a listing of how you want to setup your processes depending on how you use your computer.It lists like 7 different configurations for each operating system dependant on your usage.Pretty good link.

EDIT: oops...didnt see you specifically mentioned not to say blackviper.com...my bad

Back