• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Better online store for general aircooling needs?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Satyrist

After the Frozencpu debacle, seems like a lot of the regular mainstays I was familiar with a few years back are either not around anymore, or are not really keeping current with product offerings.

Performance-PCs looks like a good selection, but navigating their website is bloody ponderous.

Anyplace I've missed? Not really looking for watercooling/extreme cooling products.

Nothing horribly fancy! Decent air cooler for a 6600K, that would have some room for mild overclocking. Kind of set otherwise.

Nothing horribly fancy! Decent air cooler for a 6600K, that would have some room for mild overclocking. Kind of set otherwise.

Case and budget will help us help you :)

That said... Newegg, Amazon, Performance-PCs, and plenty of others out there.
Can check PCPartPicker as well.

Was looking at around $40 max.

I am aware the 212 EVO's are popular, but also reportedly a pain to get installed as well.

Cryorig's I have tried to order, but I've had it simply get shipped back to their warehouse twice now.....Without any input (or refusal) from me. Very very weird. I guess those guys don't want my money, but still out on shipping.

That's about it.

Where were you ordering from?
Did you look at the ThermalTake Frio lineup?

Once through Newegg, other time through Amazon.

Emailing them through Amazon never gave me a clear reason why it happened. They mentioned something about "we're moving into an Amazon warehouse shortly, things should go smoother after that"...Funny thing is, I don't even see these getting offered through a fulfilment warehouse or the like. Never mind Cryorig, going with someone else.

For $40, look at a Scythe. Try the Ninja 4 or the Fuma.

I have been using the Fuma recently based off of Ehumes' review and it does the job nicely at a decent price point as long as you can fit it. I'm using it on a 6700k so it should do fine on the 6600k.

For $40, look at a Scythe. Try the Ninja 4 or the Fuma.

Wonder if the Fuma would fit an MSI Z170A SLI, aside from the RAM slots - I'm fine with using the ones on the end in that case.

Seems like the Fuma, from the review, is fairly straightforward regarding installation, which would be another plus for me.

Thank you all.

My fuma was pretty easy to install. Just make sure to use the extra spacers for the 1151 socket. I ended up using one fan in the center and one fan on the back over the vrms to avoid ram interference.

Back