• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

bgears b-Blaster 140mm Case Fan

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Barrtabb

I'm looking for some help. I added this case fan to the open top vent on my case (nzxt h2).
Ever sense I've installed it, I hear a weird rattling/ clicking noise. No, it's not a cable hitting the fan blade.

The sound is really inconsistent, ie sometimes it wont make the noise. It always makes the sound when i 1st turn it on, then after maybe 20min it'll go away, then come back, then go away at irregular intervals.

Anyone have some insight?

Do you have the top fan flap on or off?

Also have you tried tightening the screws or installing some rubber grommets? Most of the time rattling is caused due to flimsy installation or mounting hardware.

Hmm possibly, the fans I was using in my setup were pretty low powered, it seems like the bgears b-Blaster is rated at:

Voltage(V): 12
Current(A): 0.45
Power(W): 5.40

The fan I was using was rated at 2W so that definitely can be a cause of the problem.

In order to eliminate that as an issue I would suggest OP try running his setup with 1/2 fans disconnected, preferably the front.

If it ends up being the fan controller I would recommend running the 140mm fan off of molex.

Take the fan out and hold it in your hand when you boot the PC.

Warning, it can tourqe out of your hand.

If it vibrates, bam, bad fan. If no, then vary the speed control. Could be a bad PWM circuit.

Sounds more like a case vibration/ harmonic than anything else.

The BGears B-Blaster 140mm x 25mm 1800RPM High Speed Fan is made for power users. The B-Blaster 140 can really move some air with it's 100+CFM rating. Upgrade your chassis or heatsink fan with this high speed monster! 1800 RPM isn't high speed............................ and 100 CFM? Umm sure.

Source:
http://www.frozencpu.com/products/11895.

If I was 12 and saw that I'd jump on it like rice in China! The bestest new toy on the MArket! Dada! I want 5!!! It's sooo awesome as the words that must be true tell me. It just hit me as funny as heck, like a satire from the Onion.com.

Seriously. Not sure about the fan, check it as we asked I guess.

Last edited:
Back