• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Big changes in the top ranks of SETI

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
eaglescouter said:
:( I guess my production numbers were caused by berkeley catching up with old credits and not a reflection of chicken optimizations...... I'll have to work harder to get that #1 slot. Perhaps in a few more months.
I'm not sure of that. I've been looking through my results and it seems I'm getting fewer credits now than I was 2 months ago for the same amount of CPU time. Maybe an adjustment in the way credits are calculated? Before, 6k+ of time on my 939 chips was about 60 credits - that's now dropped to ~52 credits ...

QuietIce said:
I'm not sure of that. I've been looking through my results and it seems I'm getting fewer credits now than I was 2 months ago for the same amount of CPU time. Maybe an adjustment in the way credits are calculated? Before, 6k+ of time on my 939 chips was about 60 credits - that's now dropped to ~52 credits ...
yes... I noticed a drop too. More then I had expected on my C2E.

I've noticed a credit patern, but when the points drop/raise, it's usually b/c of the wu being longer/shorter to crunch (which seems to come in large batches).

Tyrinon said:
I've noticed a credit patern, but when the points drop/raise, it's usually b/c of the wu being longer/shorter to crunch (which seems to come in large batches).
That's the way is has been until the last few weeks, then this change ... :shrug:

Just as things were comming along nicely my Abit board killed its secound graphics card in two weeks I HAVE HAD ENOUGH so i am going back to ASUS and have ordered an Asus comando board then i will modify my abit aw9d-max with the biggest hammer i can find.

Vento1 said:
Yes i noticed that muddocktor had the highest ranking but i didn't realise that i have dropped right out of the top ten:cry:Congrats everyone though on your increases.
Looks like you regained your Top Ten RAC status and are giving me a good run for the money to stay there! :) I think we've also got another top contender - our new member bwernicke is coming up fast and I suspect he's gonna' pass both of us very soon. Good going bwernicke :thup: - that twin CPU rig is doin' great!

Unfortunately, I'll be cutting back quite a bit over the next few days - I've got to rebuild a loop and will have Area51 (~800 RAC) and Ductworks (aka Picasso, ~1400 RAC) down for at least a day plus testing new OC's for both (you know what that means). I'll also be using them in a series of experiments over the next 2-3 weeks so they'll be on/off for awhile. But come sometime in May I'll be back with, hopefully, a little more crunching power so don't loose your edge ... ;)

You, Stryfe, and Vento have been a touch challenge - and now bwernicke, one of our new members, is making his mark too! Today I'm just short of 4k and I'm only ranked 9th. :eek:

May should be an interesting month for the Top Ten RAC ... ;)

Back