• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bios flash question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kris

I want to flash the bios on my board to see if it will help with a couple of issues I am having. Looking at the manual there appears to be three different methods to flash. One is windows based and I am not even going to attempt it and the other two are by usb stick. The EZ flash from within the bios seems the safest to me but I have never done it before. Is it really as easy as downloading the bios and putting it on a fat 32 formatted stick and entering the EZ flash part of the bios and hitting the flash button? I killed the bios chip on my Ultra D years ago and I am more than a little hesitant to take the plunge.

EZ Flash is just about as you described it.

I cannot remember, but believe the bios is zipped when downloaded and of course needs to be unzipped before the EZ Flash can use the bios file. I just unzipped the file on my hard drive and copied it to the appropriate Usb stick.

i noticed you have the crosshair v which is also what i have. i looked into flashing my bios as well but from what i read on the rog forums 1502 (or 03 or whatever) has been causing some problems. its why i decided to wait as im on like 1102 (again or 03 or whatever). might want to look at the bioses and find (an "older") one that is stable. just my .02

i noticed you have the crosshair v which is also what i have. i looked into flashing my bios as well but from what i read on the rog forums 1502 (or 03 or whatever) has been causing some problems. its why i decided to wait as im on like 1102 (again or 03 or whatever). might want to look at the bioses and find (an "older") one that is stable. just my .02

He has the newer CHV-z board and with the newer circuitry, doubt the bios is the same as the non-z versions.

Back