• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bios issue on UT nF3 250Gb

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

doctor carta

Hey,

I downloaded the DFI beta 9/14 working with dtr/mobiles - 3.1vdimm - by Oskar_WU b/c i have a DTR, i figured it would fix issues.I flashed thr bios in windows , restarted loaded fail-safe options, and now it wont load windows, it says like updated dmi pool and then it sits there with the monitor still on...I check boot order and auto configured hard drive(36gb raptor).I have no floppy to reflash the bios or update to another one.Seeing if anyone knew anything?Didnt come across anything in the forums.

Thanks

Clear CMOS (it's always a good idea to do this after a flash even if it isn't absolutely necessary), then load optimized defaults and save. I don't remember the details, but I wasn't able to get into Windows after loading failsafe defaults after a flash. Check your boot order settings (floppy, CD, HDD) as failsafe defaults apparently changes them. Also, some folks have found that flashing the same BIOS twice gives them more reliable results. Just some ideas.

i just got my DFI LP UT today and am getting ready to install it.

i can tell you from other mobo's if it wont boot one option to check for in your bios is APIC mode if its ON right now disable it,, if its DISABLED turn it on. and i said APIC not ACPI if apic mode is changed then windows will NOT boot and there is no fix for this other than changing it back to the way it was before.

basically if you flashed your bios and now the system wont boot there is an awefully good chance that its just a simple bios setting thats causing it. thats why your told by many people to scratch down the bios settings or remember them cuz flashing will take all of those settings and change them to defualt.

make sure your SATA settings are correct, make sure your cpu vdimm and other voltages are correct.

you cant just flash the bios, load setup defualts and then expect it to boot right up XP isnt designed that way. you need to pretty much get the bios set back up to the way it was before.

doctor carta said:
Hey,

I downloaded the DFI beta 9/14 working with dtr/mobiles - 3.1vdimm - by Oskar_WU b/c i have a DTR, i figured it would fix issues.I flashed thr bios in windows , restarted loaded fail-safe options, and now it wont load windows, it says like updated dmi pool and then it sits there with the monitor still on...I check boot order and auto configured hard drive(36gb raptor).I have no floppy to reflash the bios or update to another one.Seeing if anyone knew anything?Didnt come across anything in the forums.

Thanks

Found this Bios and it works great!!! 10-05-04

http://oskarwu.myweb.hinet.net/LPUT...OS/N32LDA05.zip

AMD64 NC 3000+, 2500mhz (250x10),
DFI NF3 250GB
2x512 1gb Mushkin Hardcore PC3200
VGA PNY|GF FX5600U 128M DDR AGP
SB Audigy 2
160gb IBM

Hi all i had som problems too and i dont know what to do :confused: , someties when the system craches or freezes in windows (low voltage in my case :D ) i press reset but the system dont start, nothing appears in the monitor, and the hard drive led is always on , and the drivers leds too, just after a shut down the system boots fine.
I dont know if this is a bios problem i followed the instructions to flash the bios and did everything right i really dont understand :-/

Be well ;)

Back