• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bios modding

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RozowaPantera

Registered
Hello!

I have MSI X79 GD65 8D and i want to check and meaby change something in bios file, but my bios is saved in exe and i dont have any idea how to convert it into rom or bin. Are there any program to do this? I search almost everything and i dont found anything :((.

Best regards!!

Pressing 'del' key repeatedly before the Windows splash screen is the way to enter the BIOS for editing settings.

If you're trying to edit the BIOS software itself, there are ways though if you are not familiar with doing this I would not recommend it on your primary PC. There are a few members on here that are very competent at it. I have done it but would not consider myself competent by any means.

What are you trying to change out of curiosity?

Hello!

I have MSI X79 GD65 8D and i want to check and meaby change something in bios file, but my bios is saved in exe and i dont have any idea how to convert it into rom or bin. Are there any program to do this? I search almost everything and i dont found anything :((.

Best regards!!

You are in over your head. That MSI bios is an executable flash file. You have to extract the rom/bin file from that executable first, mod it, and then put it back, all without blowing the checksum. If you've never done this before, don't even try without a lot of reading and practice.
I will refer you to this site here.

Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Pressing 'del' key repeatedly before the Windows splash screen is the way to enter the BIOS for editing settings.

If you're trying to edit the BIOS software itself, there are ways though if you are not familiar with doing this I would not recommend it on your primary PC. There are a few members on here that are very competent at it. I have done it but would not consider myself competent by any means.

What are you trying to change out of curiosity?

I have a problem with ecc memory, when i mix non ecc and ecc ram pc starts normaly and i can see all ram in bios, but when i try to run with only ecc ram pc wont post, so i want to force off ecc, or meaby mod bios to support ecc mem

- - - Auto-Merged Double Post - - -

You are in over your head. That MSI bios is an executable flash file. You have to extract the rom/bin file from that executable first, mod it, and then put it back, all without blowing the checksum. If you've never done this before, don't even try without a lot of reading and practice.
I will refer you to this site here.

Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

I tryed to extract them with 7zip (I read in other forum thats it works) but without succes

I've never heard of using 7zip to mod.

I would not mix ecc with non-ecc. Just get a matching set and save yourself the headaches.

FTR: Mr. Scott is one of the few I would consider competent.

I think he was trying to use 7Zip to see and work with the file... however, that is a compression and decompression tool. I don't think .exe are compressed and need to be read in the first place. I don't know how to take apart .exe files personally.

MSI takes a special program to unpack the actual bios rom from the executable. B2MB it's called.
Here is the extracted bin file.
Now it can be modded with the usual modding tools and flashed with AFUDOS.

Attachments

• E7760IMS.zip
    5.2 MB · Views: 42
Last edited:
MSI takes a special program to unpack the actual bios rom from the executable. B2MB it's called.
Here is the extracted bin file.
Now it can be modded with the usual modding tools and flashed with AFUDOS.

Thanks a lot,this is all i want, btw where can i find B2MB program, i search but i only find one site whose look like fake.

Its a tool/program used to change files on your system yes anti virus software will report on it. If Mr Scott linked it it is safe.

If I link you to my OneDrive to download it, I might also give you a little gift. :D
After all, we don't know each other from a bag o beans, right?
The link is safe man. I don't play dirty............................most of the time.

If I link you to my OneDrive to download it, I might also give you a little gift. :D
After all, we don't know each other from a bag o beans, right?
The link is safe man. I don't play dirty............................most of the time.

Hah alright, so anyway i cant run ecc ram on my mb, i foundd boardview and there is no lanes for ecc :(
After trying to run this ecc ram i`m got curious what is the chance of ram error and how ofter its can be, i read its 90% of error at 3 days, is that true m8? And when theoretically cosmic ray hit ram (sound like truther haha) and cause error, that can crash my windows when, l`m doing something important?

P.S i tested this program and this is all i wanted, <3, btw i dont know is a truther is a correct word, i dont found word with the same meaning as in my language XD.

Regards

Back