• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BIOS Update problems...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AJTheGamer

So I'm trying to update my BIOS, I've gotten to the boot from USB part, and then I get this NTLDR missing and it won't boot the USB :(

Anyone had this issue before, not finding many answers on google, help would be appreciated :)

He's got a LANPARTY JR X58-T3H6. Are you using Winflash for an Award BIOS or Ez_Flash for an AMI BIOS? And what OS are you running?

Well as far as I can tell, I used DFI Link and Another Link and followed the instructions, using two different formatting programs.

I'm trying to update the BIOS on my DFI Lanparty Jr X58-T3H6 Motherboard LINK with the files found HERE

But each time I tell it to boot from USB in the BIOS and reset, I get the NTLDR missing message, and can't get past it without changing the boot back to the HDD and obviously skipping the BIOS update.

EDIT - Neither of those, am I able to? Running windows 8...

So you created a DOS startup disk using the HP USB Disk storage format tool, directing it to where the DOS system files you unzipped are located?

Yep, two different ones, the ones that came with one of the guides, and one of the format programs had one per-installed for formatting, both times resulted in the NTLDR on boot of the USB.

If I'm able to use Winflash it looks like a better option, but all the specific instructions for my motherboard seem to have been written around Vista time, so was a little unsure of if this was safe to do or not.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong guys?

I'm thinking I'll try the Winflash for Award BIOS, unless anyone knows why I shouldn't, as I don't think the bootable USB is going to work :(

I read one place saying this error can be caused by outdated BIOS... LOL so to fix it I'd need to update by BIOS, using the exact method I can't due to my outdated BIOS :S

BUT hopefully the Winflash works...

I must be doing something wrong....

Am I retarded? lol :bang head

EDIT-

Well, seems I somehow downloaded the wrong file or something, I've officially updated the BIOS, things see, to be running smoothly (about a 0.1GHz increase shown in CPUz from the Turbo I guess running more efficiently) running at around 3.6GHz with good temps should be a good sign for the coming oc.

Thanks for the help guys!

Attachments

• Winflashscreen.png
    Winflashscreen.png
    12.3 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
Back