• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Biostar TPower I45@600MHz FSB

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
That's insane Woomack! After almost 10 years of upgrading and building pc's I'm getting into Oc'ing. Just seems like so much fun. I have kind of mess with it off and on but this time I'm serious about it heh.

Last weekend problems started. After running one memory set on 615MHz 2.6V with spd settings ( CL5-4-4-11 ), board started to act weird. Now I can't run 4x1GB above 600MHz without ... gfx artifacts in 3D. All works ok under 550MHz FSB.
Other thing is that one memory set can't run at all and second is working only on some settings that are far from stock/spd. After clearing cmos I can't enter bios with more than 1 memory. When I set all in bios and restart I can run 4 sticks and all pass memtest + 3h prime95.
Funny is cpu temperature read. E8200@4GHz ~55*C and Quad Core X3360@4GHz ~50*C ( read from bios / built in clock on board ). Both cpus 45nm ...
So I have to check both memory sets because I'm not sure if it's memory or board but I doubt that all 4 sticks will have almost the same problems.
Error IDs are different ( and most have no description in manual ) d1-6, E1, F6, F1, and some more ...
Time to think about i7 ;) ... but price isn't low ...

For me it looks more like board is dying but haven't got time to test it yet ... since last post all is working stable no problems, for most time 100% load but 500MHz FSB mem 1:1
Friend had the same board and had problems with memory after running them on 2.8V. Seems like memory controller has some problems on high voltages.

... board was running on max voltages for chipset, cpu : dual core 2.2V max, quad core 1,7V max, mem max 2,7V
... at least i saw 680MHz FSB :D ... but couldn't save validation file :(

Tested memory and 2 sticks generates errors now. Memtest is passing on 600MHz FSB so settings like before but 2x1GB ... problem is only 1 thing. I have artifacts in 3D while all other tests are passing and no 3D problems under 550MHz FSB.
The point is that I don't need 100% stable pc but I play games sometimes and can't have artifacts. I don't have to run it 24/7 on 600MHz too but I just don't like when I know that something is wrong. I can't RMA board for something like this ... need some more tests and possible that I will have to make it RMA-able :p

Back