• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bitcoin

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.
how much was it all?

I bought the cards a while ago, so let's say $140 per 5870, $125 for the 5850, $100 for the 5830's, I got the psu from Ed for $125 in BTC the extenders and HDD combined about $50, so just about $800, plus the ~45 I have now, along with some LTC. I also bought some Steam games, my Z87 OC Formula, a game console and some other items here and there with BTC. Depending upon the market price, I've made off at about $6k in BTC.

I cashed out a couple thousand dollars worth, when price was over $150, but I have been mining for over two years.

In ubuntu, I could get a single card mining, but I never could get a multi gpu rig running right. I just used W7 and never registered windows.

I made 2 grand... so I basically paid for everything I have... not counting the $700 in bitcoins I paid for the 30GHash Asic I ordered...

In ubuntu, I could get a single card mining, but I never could get a multi gpu rig running right. I just used W7 and never registered windows.

same
when I install on Linux
it turns all ports on so with 4gpu is like I have 20 monitors with only 1 real
very odd

well now im getting a error that says it cant open the poclbm130302.cl.....what ever that is lmao ugh

i would format and run windows but this is my server rig so i need linux because of my zfs array

i got it to work! it was something to do with the kernel command so i deleted it from the config and it works! :) but im only getting 300khash lol.... heres my config hopefully you we can get 600 out of it...(7950)

{
"pools" : [
{
"url" : "stratum+tcp://us2.litecoinpool.org:3333",
"user" : "xtkxhom3r.2",
"pass" : "1234"
}
],

"intensity" : "13",
"vectors" : "1",
"lookup-gap" : "0",
"shaders" : "2048",
"thread-concurrency" : "8192",
"gpu-powertune" : "20",
"scrypt" : true,
"api-port" : "4028",
"expiry" : "120",
"worksize" : "256",
"gpu-fan" : "100-100"
}

Good!

Try this:

{
"pools" : [
{
"url" : "stratum+tcp://us2.litecoinpool.org:3333",
"user" : "xtkxhom3r.2",
"pass" : "1234"
}
],

"intensity" : "19",
"vectors" : "1",
"lookup-gap" : "0",
"shaders" : "2048",
"thread-concurrency" : "24000",
"gpu-powertune" : "20",
"scrypt" : true,
"api-port" : "4028",
"expiry" : "120",
"worksize" : "256",
"gpu-fan" : "100-100"
}

i cant go that high on the tc cgminer wont start and im a idiot for not noticing the intensity was low lmfao -_- im at 588 now!

edit
nope no bueno all hw errors

still cant get high tc...?

EDIT
im running the alloc command in a term before i run cgminer and nothing... is there a way to add it to the config file like in windows?

Last edited:
ok so i got it to work but i did it really weird and probably wrong... keep in mind im a linux noob i have no idea what im doing or what these commands do...just learning on the way

i was looking at this site https://forum.litecoin.net/index.php?topic=2628.0 and that guy did some kind of batch file with the alloc command in it and he said he got it to work after adding sudo su...

i dont know how to make that batch file but i typed sudo su in my terminal then the alloc command then command to start cgminer and...it worked! lol!

hopefully you can help me setup that batch file tomorrow so i dont have to type all of this every time i start mining... but atleast for now it is working... mining at 590khs

thanks for everything ivanlabrie

EDIT
alright figured out how to make the sh file and now it mines with high intensity and high tc hell yea! now time to add the 2nd gpu...this should be fun lol

Last edited:
Is anyone still mining Primecoin? I've been mining off and on the past week and haven't found a block. The 48 hours before that I found 6 blocks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back