• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bitcoin

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well he had been paying people back for almost a year now. Most theories around him go like this:

Step 1: Obtain people's bitcoins Check
Step 2: Obtain people's trust (by actually paying back interest at ~3300% per year or 7% per week) Check
Step 3: Gain a large investing platform and a large number of coins Check
Step 4a: Sell current holding at market high Check
Step 4b: Announce the closing of his business Check
Step 5: Cause huge market panic Check
Step 6: Buy back bitcoins at market floor at a profit of ~150% Check
Step 7: Profit Check
Controversial Step 8: Pay back investors Maybe Check

Since we don't allow the sale of bitcoins in the classifieds, it doesn't really have a place anywhere.

Trading them for items is allowed, but we caution against it since we are much more limited in what we can help with. http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7110470#post7110470

For clarity on the questions answered in this thread:

The question was: Can you use bitcoins to pay for hardware if people say they will accept it. Answer: Yes.

Follow-up: Will staff help out at all regarding anything having to do with bitcoins? Answer: No, only if you are taken for payment without hardware (i.e. someone accepts payment then doesn't ship the hardware) - and you can prove payment - will staff step in.

Follow-up 2: Can you sell bitcoins themselves in the classifieds? Answer: No.

Nowhere near enough people here to start a(n effective) pool.

Finally got my buttcoins today, lets hope they become very expensive in the next 3 hours.

well i think if we started one more OCF ppl would join then who knows!
im just says it would be cool!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back