• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bitcoin

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i may move over to litecoins
this is what i make with LTC
http://tpbitcalc.appspot.com/?diffi...on=300.00&powercost=0.07&investmentperiod=355
and with BTC i make $20 less a month!
http://tpbitcalc.appspot.com/?diffi...on=300.00&powercost=0.07&investmentperiod=355

these speeds are with a 6950 840/1325 and 6970 880/1375
im going get my rewards on http://www.litecoinpool.org its PPS
all you do is point CGminer at it and bam making cash!

I did a little testing of this tonight... Without a while lot of tweaking, my 1750mhash setup gets a whopping 1mhash (1000khash). So with those numbers, I make more in btc than I would in ltc minus exchange costs. Am I missing something in regards to getting the right scrypt mining settings and speeds?

only problems when running Main GPU IE the one driving computer/monitor
got my 6950 running ~420KH/s when cant run 6970 over intensity over ~10-14 without CGminer crash so i just make that one mine BTC at full speed

I got much better hashrates with a higher intensity. I'm still going to mine BTC though. Once I stop making enough, I'll either move over or pack up. But I was getting more like 1600khash once I changed the intensity. And again, I only spent a little time tweaking.

Quite a price spike the last couple days. Has anyone heard a simple explanation?

There really hasn't been one. I've been following the stories on bitcointalk.org, but for the most part, no one can put an exact reason on it. Most people just end up thinking one large buyer is trying to move the market. I don't think that's it. Volume is a pretty good indicator, and for the most part, the upward move has been backed by a pretty solid volume. :shrug: Either way, I made 14% as the price went from 13.90's to 15.90's. :D

scam or not, not gonna buy it.. I hope they don't come out so I can continue to have fun with gpu mining.

We're at $15.50! when will it stop?

Odds are really pointing towards a long-term scheme. I'm going to avoid them. I actually pulled my miners off today. Primarily because I put the two nicest 5870's into my daily rig, and because I moved my remaining cards over to litecoins.

I was going to go bitcoin with my remaining cards, but the rewards were so small when I had 1900mhash. I can only imagine how small they'd be with 650. :rolleyes:

Mtgox got all the way over $19. It's definitely been fluctuating. I would put buy orders at $8 (for future crashes), and around $15 if you're looking to trade. With the volatility of the market right now it's pretty easy to speculate and make money. I for one, am waiting for my Dwolla transaction to clear. ;)

It has been a pretty good increase lately. I was just getting interested when the spike up to $30 happened. It seems that this is more gradual, and has been tested a few times when someone sells a bunch and drops the price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back