• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bitfenix Phenom Windowed Side Panel Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BlargCraft

Registered
I wanted to make a windowed side panel for my phenom build but something I've noticed is many people use either the double-sided clear tape, rivets, and u-channels when making the window. How could i make a window that's flush with the panel or at least without u-channels but as close to the metal as possible? So far I was thinking using 3M 4010 Tape, placing the panel behind the hole i cut and there but I am not sure if the edges will look flush/smooth.

I would basically make the window like this size and shape wise:
windowmod026.jpg

but would want the edges to look like this window:
bitfenix_prodigy_window_side_panels_01.jpg

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated :)

I'm not sure how feasible this would be, but you could always measure the exact thickness of the side panel and sand or use a router to thin the acrylic at the edges. You'd need a piece of acrylic that's a bigger area than the window you want to cut, but you'd have to make sure that the part of the acrylic left untouched has the exact dimensions of the hole cut in the panel.

I apologize if that wasn't as clear as I'd hoped it would be.

Basically make the acrylic a bit bigger and make a ridge all around the edges so that the thicker part sits in the hole. Ima try this on the weekend, thanks for your idea

Back