• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

*Blackmages P4-630 Results*

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Joeteck said:
Yeah, That will become available by the late 2006-2007 and the end of the Pentium 4!!!!
But as always we're waiting for Intel....

stop this cpu bashing, im giving a review on a intel platform im not saying it's better then An AMD or not as im happy with my intel P4 as i am getting great scorces for a p4.

Blackmage said:
stop this cpu bashing, im giving a review on a intel platform im not saying it's better then An AMD or not as im happy with my intel P4 as i am getting great scorces for a p4.

Ok..Ok, I'll back off...

What I think is that many Intelers are afraid of change and are worried they will not get the same or better performance from an AMD...

Is that better?

Nasgul said:
Or you didn't see that Blackmage has a 7800GT and not a GTX?
Ahh, beat me too it. Not only is the point made erroneous but I'll not let this turn into flame-fest. If you want to glorify AMD we have an AMD section, and this is not it. Joeteck, I'll say this but once, don't go looking for trouble.

Blackmage said:
nice Comparison larva, would you up for a slight test?

What i wanted to do is do a 3.6 overclock and have our video card clocked at stock 400/1000 and do some comparison work! are you up for it?
I don't think I can. The lack of proper PCI-Express locking on 915p motherboards means you don't vary too far from 133 or 200fsb is you want your windows to load.

I think our settings are close enough to allow the proper understanding to be gained from comparison of their performance. And they are somewhat compariable in that they are both running as fast as we can get them to.

Nice job Blackmage, those are some pretty good numbers! I'm liking these 6xx series chips, fast and cooool. :)

dylskee said:
Nice job Blackmage, those are some pretty good numbers! I'm liking these 6xx series chips, fast and cooool. :)

thanks, i think these 6XX and 5XX CPU's are a whole lot better then the 478's they clock veryhigh!, which leads to a lick *** system.

larva said:
I don't think I can. The lack of proper PCI-Express locking on 915p motherboards means you don't vary too far from 133 or 200fsb is you want your windows to load.

I think our settings are close enough to allow the proper understanding to be gained from comparison of their performance. And they are somewhat compariable in that they are both running as fast as we can get them to.

Ok, no problem impressed buy your results, beacuse it doesn't have no hyper threading what was your AQUAmark cpu/gpu scores like?

Joeteck said:
Ok..Ok, I'll back off...

What I think is that many Intelers are afraid of change and are worried they will not get the same or better performance from an AMD...

Is that better?

:rolleyes: im not scared it's just, i no how an AMD processor feels in windows and gaming. and i just don't like it. the lack of HT kicks off a feeling as soon as windows boots. and high clocked pentinum4's easily match AMD in games P43.73E need i say more?

Blackmage said:
can't wait too see that, 7800GTX in action. :p

sorry blackmage but my intel rig has an x800gto2 (flashed to x850xt) in it...tho seeing as you seemed so excited I may just temporarily put my gtx in there for a few benchies just for you ;)

Vrykyl said:
sorry blackmage but my intel rig has an x800gto2 (flashed to x850xt) in it...tho seeing as you seemed so excited I may just temporarily put my gtx in there for a few benchies just for you ;)

thanks man, i just want to do some comparison. :)

Blackmage what is the highest Vcore you can get from that mb? my 630 hit 4G at 1.475V and made it to 4.2G at 1.65V.You are around 1.48V at 3.9? Try more vcore.

Well, you have 2 XP120s welded together, I think the results would be a lot different in terms of temps. 1.55vcore for me would be max, of course I dont own a 630. Ive only pumped 1.5v into mine on air, 1.71 on phase.

What do you get with SuperPI (32M) stock? Would be nice to see a comparison...

EDIT: Check this cool link I found on this forum compiled by hitechjb1:

http://hitechjb1.dynu.com:8081/images/nf4_939/SuperPI_32M.JPG

Very nice information... There are a few Intel chips in this spread sheet... Interesting stuff.. There is a Prescott 3.2E Oced to 4.6Ghz.. Did SuperPI in 26 Minutes 43 seconds... Nice!

Joe

Last edited:
Last edited:
xTrEmEoVrClOcKr said:
Wow, 33 seconds isn't bad at ALL for 3.9ghz. I think you could go a lot further. What cooling do you have on the 630? Stock?
How is 37s for a 630 @ 3.4GHz?

The machine is very stable and has much more potential IMO.

Back