• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Blue light bleed around edges

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pepi93

Question for the community before I RMA my screen.

Acer Predator xb323ugx.

Please see the photos and in particular, the blue light bleed around the edges of the screen.

Is this something that can be fixed? Is there a point to RMA it or am I wasting my time sending it in?

I've been authorized to send it in for repairs but the shipping process is rather cumbersome for me so I wanted to ask the community here first before I put in the effort.

Is this IPS glow or defect?

Pictures were taken with a a lcd dead pixel white screen test (F11) option.

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• PXL_20230807_140636949.jpg
    PXL_20230807_140636949.jpg
    979 KB · Views: 12
  • PXL_20230807_140659260.jpg
    PXL_20230807_140659260.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 12
Don't have it on my Acer either.

I've had IPS monitors with IPS glow before, and in almost every case it's been a fairly even blue tint across the screen, primarily in dark images. Not that "wavy" pattern.

ACER replaced the entire LCD. Aside from the issues I had with FedEx, definitely worth doing the RMA.

Thanks for the above comments.

Less than 3 weeks... not bad! :)

Glad you got it back and she's working!

The earliest I could have had it was last Friday but then FedEx stepped in and did their best to prevent 2 "attempted" deliveries which actually never happened and finally I just went to the warehouse to get it.

And thank you!

Back