• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bobnova and TsunamiJuan benched last night

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bobnova

Unfortunately the first thing we discovered was that the shop's DSL modem/router had suffered an internal firmware failure and the internet was out of reach. Hence, no stream.

We did, however, get some decent results.

We used TJ's M4E and 2600k and Dominator GT ram. My Koolance LN2-V2 pot.
My Zotac GTX580 reference. Conformaled and with a coldslow bios, but otherwise unmolested. It had a KPC Tek9Fat (new, sealed with aquarium silicone) pot.

Temps on the CPU never budged from -74*c to -77*c.
Temps on the GPU ranged from -75*c at idle to as warm as -63*c under Heaven loads at 1.32vGPU. Pot mount was dubious (level, but the TIM didn't flow when I warmed it up. Don't know why), which may have held us back in the GPU clock department.

TJ was in charge of his CPU/mobo, plus stirring the pots.
I fed dice to the pots and ran the OS/benchmark end of things.

All told we burnt around 20lbs of dice.

3d01: 121756

3d03: 135772

3d05: 53012

3d06: 38402 Heartbreak here, my 41,xxx screenshot got murdered :(

Vantage: 34974

Aquamark3: 425756

Heaven: 2005.45

Many thanks to TJ for his help, stirring and feeding two pots by myself would be a damn good trick.
Also many thanks for the use of his golden CPU. It's amazing what raw GPU speed can do :rock:

I got to chase the dragon at the end a little aswell :D managed to hit 108.7mhz bclk stable. Can probably go higher still just need to find the magic combination of voltages, That or it just needs to be alot colder.

Should of really SS'd our the maxxmem preview run, that would of netted us #1.

Bobnova also forgot to mention that while doing runs his video card consistantly melted the ice off the back of his card. Then as soon as the bench mark was over would almost instantly refreeze. So the word for the night was "VaseAtone™"
I'll post a couple pics later.

Yeah 3d03 wasn't especially happy. Not sure what it's deal was, really. I suspect LOD, it was a rough night for LOD.
I'd have tried XP but the XP install kinda died. Horribly. Fatally.

I don't generally like to toot my own horn (pride goeth before massive (*&@%*up and all), but I simply cannot resist in this case, I've been giggling about it on and off all day:

HWBotFrontpage.png

I Am so calling Eureka Oxygen tommarow, and finding out what its gonna cost deposit wise and fill for a small dewar for some time soon :D The Magic of a good session and the knowledge that you can still go further is spuring my conquest.

The big thing is we both know that we can get a better 3d05 than even what we got that night, if not repeat the same score as a safety measure.

After looking at the bot, our 3d05 efficiency cpu wise was terrible, people are getting the same score at ~5600ish!
Of course, "people" means the top dudes.

As promised some pics from our sessions.

Let the setup begin, Sadly i forgot to take pictures of the back of the board aswell, which is also coated in vasoline (card slots, cpu socket, ram, vrms).
novaW1.jpg

Getting ready to do this, you can see the pot which Bobnova has prepped, getting ready to be put in.
novaW2.jpg

Wait we need power for this? Pots are in and mounted Ram is set and ready to go.
novaW3.jpg

Another shot of the pots from above
novaW4.jpg

CONTACT, Novaworks to the tower, Requesting take off :)
novaW5.jpg

Processors Nice and cold (Its not even close to its limits)
novaW6.jpg

Another shot of the temperatures, on the first bench of the day.
novaW7.jpg

It might be raining outside that window but in here its HOT HOT HOT
novaW8.jpg

Breaking the laws of phsysics, that or the batteries are going in the one meter (definately the batteries)
novaW9.jpg

Post Fun Cleanup, and the revenge of the VaseAtone, Definately a mess but these last two pics bring new meaning to the artistic side of benchmarking.

novaW10.jpg

Some how they mislabeled our bottle of Motherboard cleaner and fix all (it should be UnBrake Fluid, gonna have to get on these guys about that mistake)
novaW11.jpg

to get the vasetone/vaseline out did you just turn it upside down and run a hair dyer on it?

for the sockets yes, its harder to get the thin layer off the back of the board, will probably put it through the dishwasher soon, then conformal the board

Back