• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Boinc SETI not working...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dreamstalker

<noob question>

I recently switched my laptop (P4 3.0GHz) over to BOINC, and while it has installed, it's not picking up any work. I have it set to always run, and screensaver mode shows no applications running :confused:

*yes, I did uninstall Classic first :p *

:bang head

EDIT: I figured it out. Appears to be a network issue on my end...again so it wasn't seeing the server :rolleyes: *kicks Comcast*

Last edited:
I've heard interesting stories about comcast when I did tech support for E-link. lol Oh, well. Everyone runs into probs from time to time. :)

I'm looking forward to getting my 3mb charter pipe going on Monday! So long dial-suck! :D

At any rate, Crunch On!

I'm looking forward to getting my 3mb charter pipe going on Monday! So long dial-suck!

Woo hoo! :clap:
Yeah, I can't live without broadband now. It's like electricity for me. When there's an outage, I feel a little lost. Anyway, Brighthouse in our area has recently raised the D/L limit to 5 Mbit/second. Sure enough, last night, i was getting about 4.6 Megabits per second on a 700 MB download (no, not a movie, it was a Linux distro). Pretty dang fast...browser was stuck at 580 KB/sec the whole time. You'll love it.

Back