• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bought new webcam (Logitech C615)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kelushka

Registered
I've recently purchased a new Logitech C615 HD webcam and thought I would share my thoughts on this device.

> When I was looking at this, I mainly wanted a microphone for my computer but I also stream on twitch occasionally. So a webcam with a built in microphone was not a bad idea for me. I wondered if I would be able to just use the microphone when I wanted to Skype or use Ventrillo with friends without having to do a video chat.
> After I took the chance and purchased it, knowing that I could just return it to Walmart if it did't work as I expected it to, I installed the cam on my monitor and installed the software from Logitech's website.
> I have been very pleased with the quality of the images and video that it records. Also it does let you use the microphone (without the camera on) which people tell me is very clear and sounds great.

PROs
-only paid around $60 USD from Walmart
-lets you use microphone without the camera on
-great image/video quality
-great mic recording
-works great with streaming
-has a built in motion detection so you can record those little brothers that come in your room when you're away ; )
-can be used with typical tripods
-folds up for easy portability
-has a usb extension

CONs
-the piece that attaches the webcam to the monitor is not as secure as I would like it to be
-the cable without the extension is pretty short and will most likely need to be used if you are not using this with a laptop. (my back of my tower where the camera is hooked up is about 5 inches away from my 2nd monitor with my first monitor side by side with it to the left. To have the camera mounted on my first monitor I needed to use the extender.

Hope my review of the Logitech C615 was helpful to someone.

Back