• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

brand new socket 478 for $5.00 from newegg

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I imagine you then pay for it again in hassles, but that's just my guess.

i never got my 50 dollar MIR from Soyo on an amd board i purchased about 8 months ago.

I would really check this out before buying, they had this posted on slickdeals and said it is tough to get the rebates. It is 2 $45 rebates so there will always be a hassle sending in copies of UPCs and what not.

No problems with the UPC.

If you read both of the rebates, one says "Original bar code" the other says "Copy or original"

The same goes for the packing list. One wants the original, and the other says a copy.

I just bit the bullet and bought one. I don't even own a P4 processor, but I'm thinking of Christmas for my Dad. He has an old Pentium 3, which he constantly ******* about... so, I think its time for him to have an upgrade for Christmas :)

I've heard from reliable sources that Soyo boards run fine for 12-18 months and then die.

I've run across Soyo boards with bad caps before, but I thought they'd fixed that.

I had a Soyo Dragon Plus years ago, and loved it. I had no issues or problems.

BTW, thanks for the post on this great deal! There is no greater word than "FREE"

my soyo motherboard died after a little more than a year... then i bought an asus and havent had problems for two years so far.

there was a simple post to this exact same mobo maybe 2 days ago.....One of the posts said soyo rebates are a joke, did you say that loud??

Well I never got any rebates from them, so be warned.
Bought soyo mobo with MIR and Tower/Case with mir = never got anything.

Back