• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Breaking in the 3960X w/ Blender Renders. NICE temps!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DaPoets

If you have a particular Blender render you want me to try, throw a link to it in the comments. This is on stock, no overclock or any performance boosts (besides XMP for ram). The temps for this run which completed in 7:08 (crazy) maxed out at 69c (custom water cooling loop w/ max temps of 32c)
3960X, Gigabyte Aorus Master TRX40, 64GB 3600mhz, Samsung 970 EVO Plus NvMe.

Annotation 2019-12-11 204701.jpg

Here is the BMW render done in under a minute.... All core 4.3ghz, max temps of 70.5c

bmw benchmark.jpg

I'm more curious to see temps when the loop is saturated (30+ minutes of stress test or blender) and not short runs. :)

I'm more curious to see temps when the loop is saturated (30+ minutes of stress test or blender) and not short runs. :)

Well that 1st run was over 7 minutes which is real world usage when it comes to render projects. I'll look for longer running projects to run though. If you have a link for any that are larger than that 7min run let me know and I'll try it.

Just did some back to back blender renders of different files for about 40 minutes and the max temp came to 72C while at 4.3GHz all core. Water temps maxed out at 33c

Back