• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BSOD Sometimes Randomly (Has Pics)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Flez

Registered
Hey Clockers!

Im havin issues since a really long time, and i can't really find any informations about the BSOD code, but i took a photo when the death came, so here we go:

I'd really appreciate if some of you woul'd help me to solve this issue!
Thank you for your replies
29xf3hu.jpg

Specs:
Intel i5-2500k oc'd to 4.5Ghz
8Gb DDR3 1866Mhz Kingston
Asus P8Z68-V PRO
Raptoxx 600W PSU
Asus HD6770 1GB

Last edited:
Flez,

List all your hardware by brand please, then we can make better suggestions. Our guys are good but they will need to know what you're using.

Boot to Memtest86+ installed to a thumb drive, and check the RAM for errors. It would also help us to know what the rated timings and voltage are at DDR3-1866, and what the current settings are (CPU-Z--> Memory tab).

bsod 124 is usually vcore related.
Tickle your vcore up by the smallest increment and see if that sorts it.

now it goes really weird, because nowdays i get the BSOD more often.

i ran a few test and looks like my windows is dying because in the dmp there was two .dll's that are actually corrupt, like (hal.dll), tomorrow im gonna reinstall the windows anyways.
Yea the Raptoxx PSU sounds so chinese lol

i ran a few test and looks like my windows is dying because in the dmp there was two .dll's that are actually corrupt, like (hal.dll), tomorrow im gonna reinstall the windows anyways.
Yea the Raptoxx PSU sounds so chinese lol

Windows may be corrupt for a reason and that reason may be your power supply shutting down Windows with files open. You should get a digital multi-meter and check your present voltages at idle and under load through one of your molex plugs.

That way you you can either solve or eliminate the power supply as the problem. Right now you're only guessing without fixing the cause if you reinstall Windows.

I started getting this fairly often a few weeks ago (same error code). Went back to stock speeds on the CPU and it stopped. Haven't had time to mess with the overclock again but FYI...

Turning the OC off and seeing if the error goes away would be where I would start. At least then you'd have a better idea of where to start (but my guess is that PS is not able to supply enough voltage to the CPU).

Has this always been an issue with the PC or did it just start recently?

I started getting this fairly often a few weeks ago (same error code). Went back to stock speeds on the CPU and it stopped. Haven't had time to mess with the overclock again but FYI...

Turning the OC off and seeing if the error goes away would be where I would start. At least then you'd have a better idea of where to start (but my guess is that PS is not able to supply enough voltage to the CPU).

Has this always been an issue with the PC or did it just start recently?

In the BIOS turned off OC and now it works pretty well, so i can't OC my CPU or what the hell is goin on now?

As I said before, you should try a vcore increase. I've had 124s when Speedstep clocked the CPU down, vcore falling below 0.85v and blue screening. Adding 0.015+ vcore on a +offset has completely stopped them.
If you set the voltage manually, add the increment on, or otherwise use the offset function.
Turn on Load-line calibration (LLC) if it isn't on already, and disable spread spectrum. PLL overvoltage should be disabled also. Leave everything else on auto.

If you get another BSOD, add another 0.005v to the voltage, rinse and repeat until stable. Keep an eye on the full-load voltage, though...

edit- a clean reinstall of Windows would probably not hurt either.

Last edited:
I doubt vcore is the problem. That is a garbage power supply, start with that.

Problem was the PSU, replaced with another one, and since then the PC actually faster lol and more stable. Ye don't buy that brand of PSU... what i learnt from this? the cheap isn't the best lol

Glad it is working for you. :thup:

It is best to always get models that are known to be good. If you are unsure, ask here. What did you end up getting?

Back