• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BSOD's after enabling hyperthreading and low power cpu mode

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rommie

Windows 7 - made these changes and windows wanted a restart, so I did - now I'm in a loop of either BSOD's (machine check exception) or restarts before windows can get to the welcome screen. I can get back in by disabling them, but it would be nice to be able to lower my cpu fan speed and lowering the clock speed dynamically...

Hi rommie.

Have you tried entering the BIOS and setting it to default or optimised defaults?

Can you collect some data for us to take a look at? Carefully read and follow the instructions here then zip and attach the needed folder.

Crashes and blue screens with power saving options enabled

I'm trying to not put much load on the cheap power supply powering my i7-870 until I can get a new one, but C3/5/6 states and CPU EIST function on my gigabyte motherboard are causing hangs and blue screens. I noticed this after switching to AHCI mode, however I didn't have the settings actually enabled before that point.

Back