• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED BSOD's with 1066 ddr2 sticks

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Badschneider

Registered
Hello guys, i have a problem with 4 ram sticks of 1GB Kingston Hyperx 1066 ddr2, according to kingstone documentation these sticks should be able to run at 1066Mhz with 5,5,5,15 timings at 2.2 volts, and they do, at least when i set them at bios and for the next hours of gameplay to come, the problem comes until the next day when i boot the computer, sometimes it just start to beep continuously and restarting itself and sometimes it loads in to windows and then a BSOD screen (0x0000003b mostly) then i need to reseat the sticks, go in to bios (it shows an error with overclock settings) and start again, then i can play all day until the next day when it does it again. As aditional information the computer is NOT overclocked, i switched the motherboard thinking that was the problem it happens on both MOBO's both Gigabyte one is a EP45-UD3L and the other one is a P43-ES3G.

Specs as follows:
e8400 core 2 duo 3.0Ghz
4 sticks of 1GB RAM ddr2 Kingston HyperX 1066Mhz
EP45-UD3L or P43-ES3G
GTX 460 768MB DDR5
PSU CoolerMaster 600w Extreme Power Plus
HDD Seagate Barracuda 500GB

I already ran Memtest with no errors, prime 95 (Blend test) with no errors, and played with BIOS settings time after time with no luck.

Almost forget to mention but the sticks are practically the same model KHX8500D2K2/2G, i got a pair first and then got the other ones, only difference between the two pairs is that one of them reads: 99U5315-053.A00LF and the other pair reads: 99u5315-043.A00LF.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

As a matter of fact i just did, couple minutes ago, running prime95 atm, but i'm afraid i need to wait until tomorrow to see if it happens again. It only seems to happen on fresh boots.

Forgot to mention i installed the last BIOS on both motherboards when the problem started, actually the P45 one almost died in one of those BSOD's, one day it didn't want to post, and i had a hard time reviving it, now its running an e8200 with no problems.

the pair of sticks i tried this time didn't got any errors, i'll try the other pair for tomorrow.
Anyone with the same or similar motherboard who can advice me on this? should i go back to previous BIOS version?

thank you

Hi guys, thank you Redduc900 i think you've assisted me everytime i have had problems.

Well, long story short, the faulty dimm today decided to get broken completely, the past days with a simple reseat of the dimms i got it to work, but today the computer beeped constantly everytime i put that one in, so it was easy to identify.

Now i don't really know what to do, is not my main rig and i know s775 is rather old but it is used for gaming, i was planning to buy new ram (4x2GB) for that computer by the end of the year, but right now i could just afford a new pair of 1GB sticks to replace the one broken, what do you guys suggest? i mean i could just wait and keep 3GB as a 3th option, but how does the fixed mode performs for gaming?

Thanks

P.S. The pair of Dimms are out of the 1 year warranty i get from the store.

Back