• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Budget buy!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Because it is an open box you may not get the I/O shield. The other stuff is either not important or can be downloaded from biostar.

That's my board and it's a great board. I used it to unlock my X2 545 to a quad an it OC's well. Biostar's tech support is also very good. The I/O shield isn't really necessary but it does help keep dust out. Sometimes you can buy one on Ebay or somewhere else, but a lot of times they want a lot of money for a silly piece of stamped metal. If you're lucky you will get all of the good stuff with the board. IMHO it's worth a try. The onboard video is actually pretty good.

I just got it looks new everything is inside the box! All the cable are sealed!

i dont see what is wrong with biostar, many people shame them because of some of the motherboards they have produced, but if you look up reviews some of them turn out the be very good, for example the, Biostar TPower I45 Motherboard, was one of the best socket 775 motherboards of all time according the custompc...

Every company turns out some bad boards. And every company turns out some good boards. A company can also produce a lot of shoddy products for a while but then turn it around, and vice-versa. Generally, it's really best to talk about individual boards' merits/problems rather than the company that made it. Having said that it is helpful sometimes to consider that certain companies tailor their products to a certain market segment and tend to do best with those products they focus on.

I am another that does not understand the Biostar hate, My wife's board has been rock solid for two years, I have used Biostar boards on builds for a couple of friends and they have been rock solid as well. I have no problem recommending them from personal experience.

Back