• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[Build Check]

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kayson

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K 3.7GHz 6-Core Processor ($374.76 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: Asus - ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($197.99 @ B&H)
Memory: G.Skill - Trident Z RGB 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory ($184.89 @ OutletPC)
Storage: Samsung - 970 Pro 512GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive ($229.99 @ B&H)
Video Card: EVGA - GeForce GTX 1070 Ti 8GB FTW2 GAMING iCX Video Card ($529.18 @ Amazon)
Case: Phanteks - Enthoo Evolv ATX Glass ATX Mid Tower Case ($183.58 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA G3 850W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($95.97 @ Newegg)
Total: $1796.36

Anything look horribly wrong here?

I do have a few specific questions since I haven't built anything in a while...

• What cooler should I get? I currently have a Thermalright Venomous X, and I think that would be just fine if I'm going with air cooling. But I'm also considering an AIO. I really care about having the most quiet solution
  • Do I need to replace the fans that come with the case with quieter ones?
  • What's the latest hotness with thermal compound?

Venomous X is better than most CLCs...

As far as replacing the case fans, you will have to judge yourself. I don't have the case or the fans so I cannot help.

Why 850W PSU for a system that won't pull more than 350W while overclocked? A quality 550W PSU is plenty. 650W if you want to overspend. :)

Is this for gaming? 1080p?

+1 to EarthDog's comments.
Also, added your 10 year badge :thup:

Venomous X is better than most CLCs...

As far as replacing the case fans, you will have to judge yourself. I don't have the case or the fans so I cannot help.

Why 850W PSU for a system that won't pull more than 350W while overclocked? A quality 550W PSU is plenty. 650W if you want to overspend. :)

Is this for gaming? 1080p?
Umm... my current PSU is 850W and I wanted something fully modular but I didn't want to downgrade the power :rofl:
You're probably right though. No sense in overspending the overspending. 650W it is!

It's 1080p gaming for now, but I want a 4k 144Hz monitor once the prices come down. Also I'm getting the gpu for $300 sooo :clap:

+1 to EarthDog's comments.
Also, added your 10 year badge :thup:

Damn. I feel old. Can't believe I was a teenager when I joined. Thanks!

Back