• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[BUILD LOG] Little Power

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
What motherboard did you use? Are you going to be doing some overclocking with this machine?

How difficult did you find building in it? I plan my next PC to be in a Hadron (or whatever superior ITX case is out at the time). I read in one post you said big fingers are a no no for plugging in connectors. I have very large hands. How would I fare at a build like this?

What motherboard did you use? Are you going to be doing some overclocking with this machine?

How difficult did you find building in it? I plan my next PC to be in a Hadron (or whatever superior ITX case is out at the time). I read in one post you said big fingers are a no no for plugging in connectors. I have very large hands. How would I fare at a build like this?

With that in mind, I came up with this list:
- i5-4570S
- GA-Z87N-WIFI
- EVGA ACX mITX CPU Cooler
- G.SKILL 2x4GB DDR3 RipJaws 1600MHz CL9 1.5V
- EVGA GTX 770 4GB ACX
- EVGA Hadron Air
- Kingston HyperX 3K 240GB

Judging by the pics, large hands = tough time... :-/
Not sure if ATM will do OCing on this rig, probably not because it's a locked CPU.

Let's wait and see what he says :)

That's all answered in the first post, I'm on my tablet or I would retype

Easy to build with some forethought. Space is tight, but easily worked in.
Just plan to plug connectors in before other things are in the way, I didn't do that well enough to avoid all the tight squeezes

That's all answered in the first post, I'm on my tablet or I would retype

Easy to build with some forethought. Space is tight, but easily worked in.
Just plan to plug connectors in before other things are in the way, I didn't do that well enough to avoid all the tight squeezes

Its a trap!

No but really it is, what kind of sick person would willingly work inside this case? ;)

Nice mini powerful rig you got there ATM. I really like the slick design of the PSU from EVGA. :thup: That little box packs a nice punch for mobile gaming. :clap:

Nice mini powerful rig you got there ATM. I really like the slick design of the PSU from EVGA. :thup: That little box packs a nice punch for mobile gaming. :clap:

Thanks Jack!
I really like a lot about the case/PSU too!

Not only is it great for carrying home (I'll do that this weekend actually), but it is great for normal usage at home. It doesn't heat up my room like H2O3 does!

Thanks :) i hope , im only 15 now when i get a job maybe i can do it :p

Shoot, when I was 15 I was still using the family computer.
Graduated from college, got a real job, now I've got four rigs at 22 :rofl:

It's funny how much things change!

I was there at one point too, you'll make it out soon enough :cool:
lol :)

im planning to somehow leave my country for collage or after it,:) my country's a wonder land, where dreams go to die !!!! lol

also no components available here, hard to find computer parts !

anyway i saved lots of money, i got around 1200$ !!!! kept them from all my birthday gifts, new years gifts, ect , my father gives me 70$ each month. 12$~ goes for net im planning to upgrade to cheaper one soon, i bought this when there was no good nets available in my area ! i get a nice 60$ each month ! but i but my clothes everything expect food my self (but my father buys the coffee ) lol ! and my father's family is huge so i get good money on new years :D

if i continue like that i will be able to make systems ect when im near 22 :p i don't buy other stuffs anyway .

also trying my best to go to a good college but i dont get good numbers from exams :D i hate school so much, i hope i finish it faster and go to college and start reading about computers ect, not some stupid pointless other thing (but match and phyz is good :) i got not bad numbers on them :) ) also school makes me well, retarded ! no better words !
what i hate most is the other kids im with there

guess someday i will have enough money and be able to do it:) i live so simple and can control my self so guess i can save lots of money :p

anyway did you like or were interested in computers when you was near my age too?!

Last edited:
I was absolutely interested in gaming and computers around that time, but all my tinkering was done on the family PC :p
At the time I played a bit of Counter Strike, Runescape, and Assassin's Creed. That PC didn't have much of a GPU, but it got me hooked on PC gaming.
Fast forward to now, the only console I own is a Wii U, and that's because Mario Kart is damn addictive. (Insert PC Master Race statement here)

Also, for anyone wondering, Little Power has been my daily machine since I put it together. I'm loving 8.1 on it.
All my web browsing, Photoshop, and single screen gaming is done on this computer.
That only leaves triple screen gaming for H2O3.
This basically anything I don't use my wheel and pedals for is played on Little Power, as I don't care for triple screen shooters.

I was absolutely interested in gaming and computers around that time, but all my tinkering was done on the family PC :p
At the time I played a bit of Counter Strike, Runescape, and Assassin's Creed. That PC didn't have much of a GPU, but it got me hooked on PC gaming.
Fast forward to now, the only console I own is a Wii U, and that's because Mario Kart is damn addictive. (Insert PC Master Race statement here)

Also, for anyone wondering, Little Power has been my daily machine since I put it together. I'm loving 8.1 on it.
All my web browsing, Photoshop, and single screen gaming is done on this computer.
This basically anything I don't use my wheel and pedals for is played on Little Power, as I don't care for triple screen shooters.

Cool , :)

I got 1 cheap stupid samsung monitor , ! Lol my other family members are not interested at pc at all, no pcsa around here:D before that we had a family computer ,

My brother uses only hes phone , my father got a vaio super small slim vista slow laptop :D and my old laptop at work (actually a not bad laptop! Hp , but slow cpu and gpu for now !! )

I dont have much times for games, i got an sapphire 7750 which is enough for me xD im only playing game now to see if my mouse peoblem comes back :D after that im going back to programming :D

Cool , :)

I got 1 cheap stupid samsung monitor , ! Lol my other family members are not interested at pc at all, no pcsa around here:D before that we had a family computer ,

My brother uses only hes phone , my father got a vaio super small slim vista slow laptop :D and my old laptop at work (actually a not bad laptop! Hp , but slow cpu and gpu for now !! )

I dont have much times for games, i got an sapphire 7750 which is enough for me xD im only playing game now to see if my mouse peoblem comes back :D after that im going back to programming :D

Anyway if i had unlimited money or could make it, i would first build a mini pc , a home full tower with 3 monitors and specs gonna take long but a good big ssd 250gb a secondary 500gb in it ! ;)
Small pc (matx) with 250ssd ect
An ultra book ! Or surface 3 !

I dont really go out of my house anyway xD

+ maybe a espresso machine :D

Nice build. Might end up doing a mITX build towards the end of the summer. Got out of the slammer (college *cough*) and may end up going back in. Would be nice having one so I don't have to drag around a mid tower.

Nice build. Might end up doing a mITX build towards the end of the summer. Just got out of the slammer (college *cough*) and may end up going back in. Would be nice having one so I don't have to drag around a mid tower.

Thanks freak :)

Definitely think about it, this Hadron is super portable!

a little question :

when you move around your mITX pc ,what monitor mouse mouse pad keyboard do you use?:D and what power cable :p you can bring them but monitor is the problem ! maybe use someones TV and hope they're not watching it:D

Back