• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Building a PC CHEAPER in CHINA?! feat. Strange Parts

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kenrou

Damn i would love to have one of these superstores near me especially if we can haggle the prices, look at the amount of older stuff (new)/weird cases/mining hardware they have there :drool:

That would be cool! I used to go to one of several PC Club stores and loved to be able to see and inspect computer components in-person. Sadly, they went extinct in 2008.

Also, used to be a Computer Fair at the Pomona Fairgrounds, which was a lot like that store in the video. It went by the way of the dinosaur too...:(

Unfortunately where I am, the population density isn't enough to support anything like that. There is a travelling computer fair that drops in a few times each year, but I've not been to the recent ones. The photos they post just seem to be endless laptops and dubious branded low cost stuff. Seems a waste of time to even go...

I did find a charity computer recycler I've been intending to visit, where they train people for free and use money raised from sales to sustain that. Donate some old but serviceable stuff (C2D era desktop, even some newer laptops that are not worth the effort of personally selling), and was wondering if they might get some unusual items at times.

Sham Shui Po, Kowloon - Golden Computer Arcade = The MECCAof computer stores. I've never seen anywhere on the planet come close to being in the same league..

Sham Shui Po, Kowloon - Golden Computer Arcade = The MECCAof computer stores. I've never seen anywhere on the planet come close to being in the same league..

I would expect more of that in the near future over there. As China slides in to the 21st century (frequently to the government's consternation) they're rapidly approaching the point of no return. "Events have been set in motion that cannot be stopped".

Back