• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Built new comp, won't turn on.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Blinx

Registered
Does the mobo beep? Does the harddrives turn on? Does the light on the mobo turn on? Make sure to plug in the 4pin cpu?

Nothing turns on, no beeps or anything. Everything is connected right, I triple checked.

Would there be a difference between connecting the cpu fan in the SYS_FAN slot instead of the CPU_FAN slot?They are right next to each other and my cpu fan is a three pin and the mobo cpu fan connection is 4 pin so I put it in the SYS_FAN slot.

Last edited:
There's no difference, but if you have a sensor it will read it under whatever you put the connector on.

No motherboard light though, Weird.

Try taking the mobo out of the case (ground yourself first), and mount it on a block of wood. Then take off all the peripherals. Be sure to plug in the system speaker so you can hear beep codes, so just have your case near by. Start attempting to power up with only the CPU, and the power supply. You should hear a beep code because you have no RAM installed. Put in the RAM, attempt to start up, then put in the hard drive, and attempt to start up, and on and on.

Some potential solutions to your problem.
Grounding (mobo badly mounted to your case)

Power supply cannot handle the load. A good way to tell is if you press the power button on the system and the fans spin about 1/16 of a revolution before they stop.

If you can still not start up on the block of wood try replacing the power supply with something a little bigger.

Yeah, kinda got me mad... had to pay the shipping....

Back