• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bunch of hardware... what to use for a solo streaming + gaming PC?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

syypher

I have 2 PCs right now and I do dual PC streaming at the moment. I have the setup working but there are always little nuances and bugs with the setup that takes me too long to work through. (Usually having to do with audio but I'm no audio genius, my background is in IT) I'm planning to go back to 1 PC for simplicity sake.

I have 2 options I want to do:
  1. Tear down both PCs and make 1 "Super" PC with the combined hardware
  2. Scavenge the best parts from both PCs, sell the rest and upgrade

My goal is to do 1080p 60fps streaming. With the new RTX NVENC codec on the RTX cards, it's just so close or = to x264 now its almost like, I don't even need to have an i9 or insane CPU anymore (I think). This video showcases both and I can't really even tell any differences:

Here are the parts I have right now.

PC1:
Ryzen 7 1700 3.0Ghz
16GB Memory
GeForce 1050TI
500gb SSD

PC2:
i5 7600k OC 4.2Ghz
16 GB Memory
GeForce FTW 1080
1TB PCIE SSD

My thought is to sell the extra parts and buy a Ryzen 7 3700x + Motherboard + use the GeForce FTW 1080 I already have.

What do you think?

Last edited:
You shouldn't have to buy anything to fulfill your goal.
Either of those systems or any combination of them should do 1080p @ 60 fps without issue.

I get artifacts when I'm streaming still... I'm thinking that maybe my monitor and games running at 144hz and NDI only capturing at 60fps might be causing the artifacts when it sends over to OBS NDI plugin on my streaming PC. Maybe thats my issue then and it isn't the computers... but the way I'm streaming.

Example:

I'm not sure about the details. But for a single system streaming I would suggest using the 8 core CPU. You'll lose a little bit of FPS coming from the 7600k and separate streaming, but you'll have extra cores to handle the stream.

Is that a thing? To play at a higher resolution and frame rate but stream at a lower one? Have you tried to lower the resolution and the frame rate to match?

Is that a thing? To play at a higher resolution and frame rate but stream at a lower one? Have you tried to lower the resolution and the frame rate to match?
That's normal I think. Some game at 1080p and stream 720 or higher and stream to 1080. Depends on the res.

Back