• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Buying i7 6700K, should i replace my NH-U12P SE2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wanner

Registered
Im upgrading to Skylake and i7 6700K, should i replace my old Noctua NH-U12P with something fresher and better thats not 6 years old?
Will Be quiet Pure rock perform better or worse?

I'm betting two fans on that heat sink will take your OC pretty far. If your going to replace it, I'd get another noctua of you find out you need better performance.

I'd wait to see of the heat sink limits you though before spending big bucks on another cooler

The 6700k will probably be easier to cool than what you have. I always advise people to try their current heatsink, try their current case, then try rearranging stuff before you buy anything. Heck, with your current heatsink, you could try this.

The 6700k will probably be easier to cool than what you have. I always advise people to try their current heatsink, try their current case, then try rearranging stuff before you buy anything. Heck, with your current heatsink, you could try this.

I second this. The thermal wattage has vastly decreased over time. You Noctua will work just fine.

The Hyper 212+ has been around (at least) since the early phenom days and is still a capable cooler today. Nothing has changed (regarding the cooler). I think you'll be just fine.

Back