• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

c3 3-4-3-9 ?????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

littleswede

Registered
Corsair TWIN2X2048-6400C3DF Dominator 3-4-3-9 Xtreme 2x1024MB(tot. 2048MB)

now are these any good ? and what does c3 mean? and what does 3-4-3-9 mean? I read most memory is 4-4-4-12 what is the difference?

I'm about to upgrade my pc and I was looking at these..I've ordered a Asus Striker Extreme nForce 680i SLI 4DDR2-DIMM 2PCI 4PCIe SATA Raid Audio GB-LAN Socket775 ATX and a Intel Core 2 Duo E6700 2.67GHz 4MB FSB1066

Is this memory any good for this setup...oh yes I have 2 geforce 7800gtx cards as well....

I'm upgrading from a Abit fatal1ty an8 sli board and a AMD fx53cpu and 3gigs corsair ddr-dimm cl3

hopefully I'll see a difference and I think I'll start doing some overclocking as well.....YNWA

well, lower numbers (lower timings) mean more performance at the same speed. If you really want the max cpu perfomance you can get it with those sticks, but most people buy a nice pair of 4-4-4-4 timed sticks and use the money for something else. The difference in price between c4 and c3 is very steep.

I don't know what you want to use your rig for, but if it's for gaming I would suggest leave those sticks, get some teamgroup xtreme memory sticks (in the 4-4-4-4 timings they OC the best) and invest the money in a better video card.

thanks for the reply... I was thinking this as well, but if I change my cards the only upgrade is the 8800's and they have 2 many problems and I don't think I'll have any trouble running all my games with these cards or..??

I was getting quite good frame rates in flight sim X at a high resolution with my old fx 53 so this rig should be better....

P.S I've heard there are problems with the memory compatability with the striker extreme.. anybody know any more about that..?

thanks

well I've changed my mind and gone for Corsair XMS2-6400 TWIN2X2048-6400C4 4-4-4-12 Xtreme 2x1024MB instead and I'm using the money I've saved to get a new raptor 159gig.HD

Back