• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can i use 8GB DDR3 single module with Biostar TA785 G3+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nickname2606

Hello every one, i've just joined to OCF :)
I'm using AMD X6 1090T with mobo Biostar TA785 G3+ : http://www.biostar.com.tw/app/en/mb/introduction.php?S_ID=457 and 16GB DDR3. Now i want to upgrade memory to 20GB or more, but i dont know my mobo can use 8GB DDR3 single module or not. Did someone try it?

Update: Yes i did try to install 24GB DDR3 (4GBx2 + 8GBx2) on this mainboard, it works well. I think it can work well with 32GB RAM too :D

Last edited:
Biostar TA785 G3+ Max. Supports up to 16GB Memory = Since that board was to support 16 gigs while using 4 memory slots, it is very unlikely that it will work with an 8gig stick.

I went back and looked at the 785G chipset architecture and it was only rated for 16gig and that too was using 4 memory slots.

Based on those two specs one from the mobo company and the other from the design of the chipset, I would not buy an 8gig stick expecting it to work. And further I do not see very many of that particular motherboard making a presence here in the forum so I really doubt anyone will have had and tried that board with any 8gig sticks. Very unlikely.

Any reply to your question though may 'draw' someone out of the woodwork with another answer. Good luck and welcome to the forums.

Thank you RGone, so that i can't use 8gig stick on any 785G mobo. But my system have to upgrade memory, can you (or anyone, ofcourse) tell me a AMD mainboard that can instal more than 16GB? i need upgrade to 24GB :(

Thank you RGone, so that i can't use 8gig stick on any 785G mobo. But my system have to upgrade memory, can you (or anyone, ofcourse) tell me a AMD mainboard that can instal more than 16GB? i need upgrade to 24GB :(
24 gigs is sort of a intel triple channel configuration, for amd it would make more sense for powers of 2. (2,4,8,16,32 so on and so fourth) Tho the question is....why do you need more than 16, and if you really do, might be more worth your time to buy a intel SBE chipset since it has 8 dimm slots, and you could get 32 gigs without spending alot.

I don't want to use intel platform, in my country, intel platform mainboard is more expensive than AMD platform mainboard, AMD still the best performace/price.

I don't need dual channel or triple channel, i need memory capacity only.

then your still going to have to go with intel, because most i see on amd platforms is 16 gig. and honestly you get what you pay for, performance on intel side is better even if they are more expensive.

which is why i suggested the x79 platform, tho its more expensive, down the road, when 8 gig dimms drop in price...stuff it full of 8 gig sticks...but thats what i would do. 8x8 = 64 gigs...superoverkill

Back