• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Can Not Decide What To Get

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

||Console||

Ok I am looking for peoples opinions on what I should buy .
I will be shopping @ www.memoryexpress.com .
1080p gaming
My goal is to play BF4 with good frame rates does not have to be Ultra settings ( so peoples personal experiences with these cards in BF3 is prob some of the best info I can get )

My Budget is 550 (inclding tax's %15)
I need a PSU and a GFX card .
I am very torn between the 760 and the 7950 from the benchs I have looked at they seam very very close in FPS and pretty close in prices (25$ more for the amd but you get three games ).
I will come out and say it my last few cards have been ATI but I really kinda wanted a NV card this round .
As far as the PSU goes I would like it to be modular ( only req)

I have been on this site for over a week going over this again and again so I have come to see what other ppl would pick with that budget .

( Another small part of me says just get a 770 4 gig and then wait another pay check to get the psu )

PSU should be fine for a bit. I agree with the small part of you.

Check out my PSU when you get one. Full modular, quiet, good price. Tested good on our list too :thup:

Yep, wait for the game to be released, together with the amd 99xx series.

OH! Well, grab the PSU first and the GPU second then. You can use integrated for a week or two until the paycheck comes in :thup:

Aahhh... I'd get a use 6950, that I would resell for roughly the same price in a couple of month and then get a 9970.

Aahhh... I'd get a use 6950, that I would resell for roughly the same price in a couple of month and then get a 9970.

I just sold my 6950 =)

But I might do somthing like this there is a 660ti local for 120 that I might get today ( to be truthfull the 660ti might be enough for my gaming needs any way and if bf4 was to bad i could get a second one )

So I decided ...

I got a Evga 670gtx sc 4gig and a corsair tx750 for 350 . So far Im really happy with it I was able to play all the games I have jacked

Back