• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can programs still run even if they been unticked in the startup list ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wolf11

For example I installed the Intel Rapid Storage Technology software and want it running. When it's checked to on in the start-up list, theirs a icon that appears by the clock when booting. I want my pc to boot as fast as possible so I unticked it in the startup list. So must it be started with windows at boot-up then for it to be running ?

Last edited:
The Intel Rapid Storage Technology service is set to delayed start by default I believe. Delayed services start a couple of minutes (I think) after the last automatic start service. Have a look in services in Administrative Tools in Control Panel to check.

The Intel Rapid Storage program just checks that the service is running and provides the user interface for settings/monitoring etc. I could be wrong but I'm fairly sure that's right.

I don't the Intel Rapid Storage program would take long to load at startup though. Generally programs like Steam, Skype, etc. are the ones that take longer to load at login.

Back