• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can someone explain this???? Temp drop after reboot...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tat

Can someone explaind this???? Temp drop after reboot...

:confused: .
Ok guyz.. This is happening to me. Why the heck the CPu temp drops like 5 degrees after I reboot? I meant from the computer was off rite like few hours then I turn it on. Then, I got reading at about 45 then run it for like 20 mins then I reboot it and it went down to 40? What the heck.....
It's is happening every single time after the first cold boot (if you know wat i meant). There are exactly same applications running at everytime.
So can someone explaind this?
My rig is:
Abit NF7 v.2
XPM- 2600
Thermalright SP-97, TT Smartfan blue led.
Running at 220 x 11.

Last edited:
I know your pain. I absoloutly hate it when a simple restart cools your computer. </sarcasm>

Sorry about that. It's kinda funny...as for your problem, I don't really have an answer. Sorry that I couldn't help. I've never heard of such a problem before.

Ahh yes good ole Abit and their crappy Temp calculation. What probably happened and I have seen this myself. Your PC cooled down you restarted and for some reason your PS is putting out better voltages now. Maybe because it is late at night and your 120VAC is actually putting that amount of voltage out of the socket due to less demand. Maybe because your house temp dropped. Maybe because you PS is cooled down. basically what it comes down to as much as anything, is with an Abit MB your temps will change with due to voltage fluctuations as much as temperature.

Well.. that is not really a pain :). I should be happy with that. But i'm worrying that it is software error or something is not goin rite. I'm using all the programs like MBM5, Speedfan and AbitEQ. I got all the reading the same there is no dif from those.
I am asking because I'd like to know if this has happened to anyone? Or this is hardware error or issue.
Thank in advance.

TO Electron Chaser:
Oh I see, So you saying that my PS can cause this problem?
If like wat u saying about the board can affect the temp like that, I think it can be true because I"m using a crappy PS rite now, still waiting for my Antec.
So you have heard or experienced this b4? :)

Tat said:
TO Electron Chaser:
Oh I see, So you saying that my PS can cause this problem?
If like wat u saying about the board can affect the temp like that, I think it can be true because I"m using a crappy PS rite now, still waiting for my Antec.
So you have heard or experienced this b4? :)

Yes I have an Abit IC7-MAX3 and it will do the same to me. I have seen the temp several degrees within a few seconds and I immediately say oh look another power sag. Ex. 43 C 43 C 44C 47C 46.5C 43C 43C 43C so yep that is probably what it is.

I would check your rail voltages on your PS as soon as possible the sudden decrease in temps could also be an indication your PS is on the way out. Since it just started when you turned your PC back on that is almost always when a PS will take a hit. Due to the inrush current on startup. That temp swing is just a tad much.

The temps stays stable after I boot up. I meant the temp only changed only when I reboot, but after that the temp is consistence. There is no change accept after reboot after the cold start-up.

My NF7-S does pretty much the exact opposite.

When I cold boot, my temps are about 22-23 by the time MBM5 starts up, and they climb to about 39-40 with full load. If I restart the computer and boot it while it is warm, my temps are about 36 by the time MBM5 starts, and then they climb to about 54.

I have a very good PS and the power in my area is very consistant. I have also experienced the exact same thing while living at the University I go to. What I think is happening is that when the system boots it calibrates the thermal sencors, expecting them to be at ambient temperature, and if they arn't things to totally wrong.

My NF7-S does exactly what Matt's does.

From a cold boot I get very low temp readings from MBM5.
They will stay low for as long as the PC is running.
Reboot and BANG!, temps are now 10 degrees higher within a matter of seconds.
My 12 and 5 volt rails are very stable...I have confirmed their accuracy with a digital multimeter, but I have yet to measure the 3.3 and I don't know how to check the vCore.

It sure would be nice if you could trust the temps from the software programs, but I fear that's just not going to happen.

OH OK. I did have something similar to that happen to me when I was first setting the PC up. If I recall I flashed the BIOS to the latest version and it worked for me on the IC7-MAX3 anyway. I do really wish Abit would change the way they monitor temps.

..... mine always stay the same :)

maybe they do drop by 2C but I think thats because windows is doing less things after I restart when I used it for 10 hours or so

mine does the same- temps seem a bit high when first started, after reboot, temps drop 3-4C.

My mofsets are cooled by a custom heatsink and PSU rails are solid and adjusted to near perfect.

Go figure.....

Ok... I'm getting new PS today. Let c what happenes......
Anyway, should I be happy or worry? lol... :confused:
Well, seem that it is not only me experiencing this wierd thing :).

OK..
I poped in dif PS (True380) and every rails is working well => with DMM.
So thing still happens. Temp still droped when reboot after the cold boot :eh?: .
OK GUY, SHOULD I TRUST THE HIGH TEMP OR THE LOW? :).

Back