• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can you explain this?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jack222

I have a chaintech audio card. They have drivers that came with the cd. On my raptor they installed fine, no problems. I sold that HDD and started fresh on a maxtor. I go to install it and it gives me an error at the end of installation like "May not have installed properlly." Ok, that doesnt work. So i download the drivers from their website and i get the same thing.

What the hell is wrong? It has gotten me so mad. Please help me.

I know this isn't in the right place but noone does to drivers...

That kept happening to me after I used windows update, reinstalling should definately fix it, but other wise, try uninstalling completely, and even moving the card to a different slot afterwards. After that check in device manager to see if you have a resource conflict, esp IRQ conflict.

I reinstalled once...i only deleted the whole partitions though. Should i use my eraser and erase it?

No, reinstalling should be fine, even without reformatting. I would say install it without sp2, install the card and see if it works, then back up your system ala 'restore point' and install sp2, see if it works. and don't run update! :D

Back