• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cannot silence modem chatter.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Try this...

If I remember, in win98, once you created a connection (set up your ISP) it copied the current modem setup information.

After you change the setup in the modem properties to not use the speaker and such, try re-installing the ISP (or make new connection, depending on the ISP). That way, when you set up your ISP connection, it used the new modem setup... That might be your problem..

the mmc alone is enough for me to be glad i have pro, plus it only cost me $48 ;)

oh yeah, sounds to me like you're not logged in as the admin, like they said above.

TimDgsr said:
the mmc alone is enough for me to be glad i have pro, plus it only cost me $48 ;)

oh yeah, sounds to me like you're not logged in as the admin, like they said above.

How do I log in as administer in XP home? I tried the ctrl-alt-del thing on the "welcome" boot screen and it was no-go.

I do remember that when I installed OS I left the Administer password "blank", I didn't enter anything, I just clicked "next."

Please, if anyone knows how I can log on as "Administer" it would help me fix this issue.

You don't really make an administrator account, I think the first account made is in the administrators group. To check it, make sure you have administrative tools displayed in your start menu. Then go to administrative tools, computer management. Once computer management comes up, click on local users and groups. Then click on the groups folder, then double click "administrators". It should give you a list of which user accounts are in the administrators group. Any user there, should have administrative rights.

Back