• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can't even Hit 200MHz...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
M E G A N O O B said:

Well... There is another issue.

My BIOS reports the temp about 14 Degrees higher in Celcius than my Asus probe software that runs under WinXP.

Bios average no load: 56 Deg. Cel.

Asus Probe no load: 42 Deg. Cel.
Asus Probe Load: 54 Deg. Cel

This is at 166 x 13 to achive a "2700+" rating (Not MHz)
It actually comes down about 2-4 degrees when I switch over to 200 MHz FSB, and lower the Multi.

I'm not sure what to belive, the BIOS temps or the Asus Probe Temps... I tend to lean tword the Asus prob temps, but this could be wishful thinking.

Do not trust the Asus Probe temps, it reads the Socket sensor rather than the Diode sensor. The diode sensor is what the bios reads and is directly under the cpu, and it's always at least 10 degrees warmer than the socket temps. Get MBM5 and use the diode temps, they should be below 60 degrees C:
http://mbm.livewiredev.com

With an idle temp of 56 degrees, you're probably hitting 65 C full load, which is *way* too high. Lower your voltage and/or your mhz until you get some better cooling.

bill941 said:
also could you list your system temp and cpu temp at load and idle I think that might help to sort this out.
Thermalright SLK900A + 92mm Papst fan. 19db and OCs like hell!

Back