• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cant figure this out

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

oG AnarCHy

We're all out of trollish titles
SO i moved my computer from one spot on my desk to the other, it was off. I Went to boot it up into windows( i have two hardrives one 1tb with osx 10.8.3 it works fine, and a 500gb hardrive with w7 64bit ultimate) and i get the screen offering to go either into recovery or start normaly. i choose to start normaly it crashes and restart, i go into recovery same thing. I try to use my windows disk to reinstall it but it crashes and restarts. Then i tryed my friends w8 disks same thing. ANyone have any idea what this is!?!?!?!?! Cuz osx works fine

i have, but even if my hdd is malfunctioning shouldn't i be able to at least get into the windows install from my disk drive?

Sit and think of it.

You MOVED your PC and it now wont boot from one of your HDD. The most logical thing that could have happened is that something MOVED in the case. Check and recheck every single connection. Pull the HDD out, reinstall it in the case, install new Sata cable ... Try the basic since it's most likely the issue.

I doubt you broke the HDD unles you really been rude with the case while moving it.......

i have my case open, and i checked all the conections that was the first thing i did...my hdd is pushing 4 years since it was out of an old build...but what im having an issue with is when i boot into either the install disk or recover off the hdd i get stuck in a black screen with a white cursor

Edit: SOo i figured out once i unpluged my hdd the install is working fine... it seems the install disk was automaticly recognizing windows and it'd crash so im just gonna partition it in osx so its empty a reinstall w7 crisis averted!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back