• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

cant find a certain molex housing

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

creepy

I need a little help finding some molex plugs/housings for a diy project and havent had any luck so figured this would be the best place to ask. All I can find is the standard rectangular molex plugs.

Im looking for the square 4 pin plugs (similar to pic below). Need 3 male, 3 female, and the pins. Preferably black.

Also does anyone know if these plugs will support some 10 gauge wire?

Pic of what im looking for.

http://www.cablesdirect.co.uk/write/images/products/RB-528.jpg

Thanks.

Thanks for the help. Exactly what im looking for as long as the 10 gauge wire will work. For the price ill just buy it and try.

Setting up a system that requires 3 pumps. Trying to keep everything as separate as possible for the sake of diagnostics etc and to keep the wiring straight im going to make a box with an 8 gauge power/ground in, distribution blocks in the box for power and ground to 10 gauge out, along with a relay for each pump in the box. Wanted to keep the wiring separated as well and will be running a voltage meter on each pump with wires at the pumps for best accuracy figured these would work perfect granted theyll support the wire and amperage.

wow deja vu.

i think im either crazy or psychic.

How much current are you going to be drawing, what is the length of the run both ways, and how critical is voltage regulation (what percentage of voltage drop can you tolerate)? #10 sounds huge. I used #14 for a SATA power cable that will feed six HDDs. #18 would have been adequate but I used the larger wire to ensure I won't run into any issues from minor voltage drop. I had the divil's own time getting that #14 to go into the punch down connectors I was using; I had to strip the insulation first. On a molex or ATX pin, I doubt you will be able to get #10 to fit in the connector. You might get away with trimming off a few strands, do the crimp, then solder the wire where the strands were trimmed off.

Back