• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can't get Enermax PSU PWM fan to work

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

magellan

I replaced the enermax twister bearing 120mm x 25mm fan in my PSU w/a higher speed/higher power Toyo fan. Anyway,
now that I have the Enermax twister bearing fan outside of the PSU I can't get it to work. It's a PWM fan. I've tried connecting 12V to yellow and red wires and ground to the green and black wires and the fan won't spin. Did I fry it out? Or do PWM fans need to have power applied to the speed control wire as well?

I replaced the enermax twister bearing 120mm x 25mm fan in my PSU w/a higher speed/higher power Toyo fan. Anyway,
now that I have the Enermax twister bearing fan outside of the PSU I can't get it to work. It's a PWM fan. I've tried connecting 12V to yellow and red wires and ground to the green and black wires and the fan won't spin. Did I fry it out? Or do PWM fans need to have power applied to the speed control wire as well?

The color of the wires is of little consequence. Post a picture of where the wires meet the PCB and I might be able to help out.

Back