• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can't keep system cool

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

galey

Hi just built a new system which I can't keep cool.

I have a fx 8350 NOT OC ( standard settings ) running a GTX780 GPU
I have good airflow 2 intakes in front 120mm of case 1 in bottom and 1 in side both 140mm and a 140mm exhaust top rear plus exhaust tray on top of case.
Using a Noctua CPU cooler
It's idle temp is 40c and mainly runs in 50 -55c range however running games like crysis3, COD ghosts,batman arkhams it blows out to 67c as soon as you get out of the games it cools down again.

I was hoping to OC ( reason I went with AMD ) I'm starting to have second thoughts )
I'll post case pics when I get home from work ( where I em now )

Any advice welcome.
Thx

I think it is partial not having good airflow. From front and side are "mixing" with eachother and then the back/top is not blowing ideally, maybe. Does having the case open help at all with temps?

And is 67c an actual case temp or cpu temp?

67 is cpu temp. I have tried re-applying thermal paste re- configure case for better airflow.
Took side of case of which did lower temps a little.

Swap one of the case fans to a Delta. As you found out, those cheap fans don't work well enough for a modern high performance machine.

Back