• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cant Log in

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

²JPortv2²

Registered
My friend has a puter runnin Xp Home, and he says he cant log in. When he clicks on his name to go to the desktop it shows the desktop then it just logs off. What could be the prob here ?
I went in safe mode and disabled any programs from running at startup, and i scanned for virusses in save mode. None of this helped.

plz help.

Thanks , :-/

Try logging in as a different user...if there are no other users, then start his computer in Safe Mode and try to log on with his user account there. If he can get into Safe Mode but still can't get into his own account, log on as Administrator in Safe Mode...the default password is blank, so just hit ENTER.

It could also be a profile corruption issue...XP is unable to load Ntuser.dat, which is the Registry Hive that keeps all your settings and options. You may have to create a new account for him, then attempt to copy data from his old profile into the new one. Also, see if this link helps...

Unable to Log On To Windows XP After Removing wsaupdater.exe
http://www.lavasofthelp.com/articles/v6/04/06/0901.html

Back