• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can't Make up my mind (detail choices)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
There is this company that makes a virtual keyboard using light somehow it shines the keyboard onto a surface like a desk then you type on the image. I will try to find the link. It is supposed to be used for PDA and other portable devices.

OK, more Bulgin piccies 4 U!

10.jpg

11.jpg

http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=25426

:D

fmah said:
There is this company that makes a virtual keyboard using light somehow it shines the keyboard onto a surface like a desk then you type on the image. I will try to find the link. It is supposed to be used for PDA and other portable devices.

I found a link to a news article about it :D

link

fmah i heard about those two
just read the article from the link tatanka rpovided us with. think that it good project a mouse pad and you would just us your fingers to move the mouse now that is very cool no more mice just your finger tips.

grim said:
i wonder how much those things cost
They stainless steel keyboards are made for public use, airport terminals, or kiosks. This requires them to be marginally weather proof, spill-proof, and easy to aggressively clean. All of the other rugged keyboards I've looked into range in price from $200 to $500 depending on the features.

So for now, metal keyboards are a distant wish that I can't afford. :[

Glad I found this thread. I picked up 2 model MP0031's since this place has a 25 dollar minimum and my total came to that and some change. They have alot of shipping options. Too bad they don't tell how much any of them will cost even on the invoice... Anyway, how would you hook these up to be used as a power and reset button? I see that it has 4 terminals but I only need 2 right (5v and ground)?

I like the Illuminated with a red 12v lamp the best out of the three you chose. There are definetly some cooler ones out there, though. The metal pushbuttons with led's are nice, too. But to tell you the truth I can't really pick until I see the rest of the comp.

Heres a suggestion..

How about getting some sheet aluminum, bending it, and screwing together a case and mounting your keyboard guts in it? just countersink the screws so its smooth and use some thin aluminum for lightness.. :p

Gah
Project has been curtailed for a while since I'm low on liquid assets (cash, not soda).

Last edited:
Daedelus said:
hey Slug, how's the project goin?

Dead. I'm broke and I don't really have a need for this machine since both of my machines are pretty mobile as-is. I'm not having luck selling my spare parts to earn cash and my first priority righ now is to buy a scanner.

I'll probably never get around to building this machine unles someone else wants to pay me to build it for them.

Back