• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can't Overclock r5 1600

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sirtaj

Newb here. Over the holidays, I upgraded to a Asus ROG Strx x370-f. I went to the QVL and got corsair vengence ram at 3200. I can't seem to get my 1600 to OC. I ran stability tests on the stock system and did fine on cinebench, Aida64 (one stress test and one fpu test), Prime95, memtest. I have a 212 evo and thermals are great; never gets over 57 C. So, I tried overclocking the cpu to 3.8 at 1.4 volts. Cinebench runs fine, but Aida64 crashes the system after a couple of hours. I was wondering if anyone has any idea as to how to proceed to troubleshoot or if I just lost the silicon lottery. Thank you.

It should not take 1.4 vcore to get you to 3.8 ghz. Something is wrong. One thing I would try would be to lower the RAM frequency to default for the motherboard which is probably 2133 mhz. That would put less stress on the IMC and would tell you if the high memory frequency is the problem.

Do you have the latest bios installed on the mobo?

Thank you for the reply. I had xmp off and the ram was running at 2133 at the time of both baseline testing and after applying overclock. I updated the BIOS 3 days back when I set the system up.

Back