• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can't overcome 200bclk,help please

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

UltraTaco

I can't even do 194 bclk. can someone guide me in?
I7 920 c0 HT off
1333ram 8gb in dual channel mode
Asus p6t D latest bios
Gtx460 1g

Okay. I tried:
PciE 103mhz
Ich 1.3
Ioh 1.3
Pll 1.88
Vtt 1.4
Dram 1.64
Dropped all multis to minimum. It's stable at bclk191, if I try 193, it begins to freeze, 196 also freezes and 200 won't even post. 205 210 215 don't post either. What else to crank??

Is this Mobo related? Does my qpi frequency hit a brick wall? Like mentioned, I dropped all multis to kinimums already! This is like a kick in the :nuts:

Might be the board man... if you have lowered mem multi, cpu multi, and raised vtt, then that may be about it. Its been a l0ng time since i dealt with that platform though...

You have probably maxed out the BCLK abilities of the motherboard.

That's a real bummer dude, I was rootin for you. You don't have anything else you can change the voltage on? Maybe something in there that's around 1.5v? I don't have my x58 up and running right now. But my first i7 was a 965xe c0 E.S. that maxed out at 4.1 with about 1.4v. It wasn't the biggest fan of bclk excursions. I do have a Westemere and its ok at 200, but is happier in the 160s to 180s for 24/7 dutys. Too bad you didn't have any extra multi available on your cpu. You should probably move the pcie back to 100.. You should be able to get 4ghz out of her, or at least 3.8.. There has to be something you are missing. Or like the others say, that's it for the board, too many hours on her maybe..

Id say pull the bios battery for a few minutes and try again!

Thank you, men. You're probably right. Just don't see any sense in pushing voltages any higher to find out if it will roll over or not.

I did read around that boards max out usually around 220 give or take, but I guess mines a little mellow.

Freeagent, she's stable at 4009mhz HT off 191x21, but won't go any higher. I can achieve that with all voltages at minimum except vcore 1.3 and vtt 1.275. there are other voltages that I haven't pushed but don't know if I have to touch them. Here's pic for my 4ghz overclock
View attachment 196075

...and scrolled to the bottom
View attachment 196076

Last edited:
One thing I see is, according to Mia's guide you should have the IOH voltage set to 1.3

Sorry, it must have broken, ED. It was like that yesterday, but worked when you click on it, but now it doesn't.

Johan, it was one of very first things to increase after vcore and vtt. I tried IOH 1.3, or are you talking about pci ioh?

OK taco, when you first started this journey did you isolate the FSB initially and find your limit (like the guide suggests) or just start overclocking?

I did isolation methology as well and it iust poops at same place, won't boot at 197-200 and +

Back