• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

can't seem to pass 2.46ghz :(

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

strappleberry

hey guys, been trying to overclock my winnie 3200 and for some reason i can't get any higher then 2.46ghz, im currently on 1.3b6 bios with 1.76vcore just to get 2.46 stable- WTF!!! i've tried all the bioses, 1.5x or 1.51 (can't remember) got me to 2.45ghz on 1.5vcore but i coudn't go higher cause of the low voltage options....am i the only one with this type of problem? could you help me please!! thanks, strappleberry
specs:winnie 3200, corsair xms pc3200c2 (512*2 dual channel), processor is 34c according to ntune and core center, 39 in bios (temp never changes in bios, overclocked or not), case temp 21c, antec 550w true power (or something like that), x800 -> xt pe, msi k8n neo2

Well im pretty inexperienced but ive heard that the Antec PSUs have problems with the Neo2, i may be mistaken though.

Sentential said:
Welcome to the club. I have a turd 0433 that wont do 2.5ghz stable no matter what ghz I throw at it :(

Say it ain't sooo!!!!

don't think its the ram, no matter what voltage/mhz i put it at it won't go further, could be the power supply but i'm not sure either...are you using an antec power supply alos sentential? BTW i added you to msn if that's alright sentential

Yea I had the exact ram and it would not go over 223 regardless of timings so I went out and got me some OCZ 4000 and I am running it NP at all stupid corsair ram Grrrrr

Well, i finally hit 2.5ghz (313*8) which it would never do, i guess letting BurnIn run helped out some but im still at 1.76vcore....do you plan on replacing your cpu with another winnie 3200 Rafadel? if you do could you give me a heads up on if the cpu was the problem so i could sell mine to...thanks for the help

Mr. Anderson said:
Stappleberry...What do you have your memory running at and whats you vcore and vdimm?

mem divider is 133, 208mhz ram (416 effective) 2.7v for stability (default voltage is 2.5) vcore is 1.550 + 18% = 1.76 :S anything else you need to know just ask, thanks for all the help and effort guys

Mate I wouldn't run so much Vcore trough a Winnie. 1.6 Max on air

1.6vcore would only get me like 2.35ghz (estimating) *LOL* =(

This is exactly my limit.

I am running my A64 at 1.62-1.65V real which is about 1.75V BIOS and can't go any further than 2.45GHz. Besides my memory are 2x256 G.Skill LE and they just refuse to work any higher that 220MHz with 1T, no matter what sets are. :mad:

BTW I got my new 3000+ today from newegg with the following stepping:CBBID 0451 EPAW and I will test it next weekend so we will see what the problems are.

Stay tuned.

Last edited:
RafaDel said:
This is exactly my limit.

I am running my A64 at 1.62-1.65V real which is about 1.75V BIOS and can't go any further than 2.45GHz. Besides my memory are 2x256 G.Skill LE and they just refuse to work any higher that 220MHz with 1T, no matter what sets are. :mad:

BTW I got my new 3000+ today from newegg with the following stepping:CBBID 0451 EPAW and I will test it next weekend so we will see what the problems are.

Stay tuned.

cool thanks man

and yeah im running one western digital sata hard drive plugged into sata slot 4

Back